Ghaziabad cable operator shot deadMay 1st, 2008 - 8:38 pm ICT by admin
Ghaziabad, May 1 (IANS) A cable television operator was shot dead by four assailants in Modi Nagar, an industrial town of Ghaziabad district. The attackers, who came in a white Maruti car late Wednesday night, shot dead Dhiraj Tyagi, 36, when he was walking in the residential locality of Govindpuri.
According to family sources, the criminals cornered him at the dead-end of a lane and opened indiscriminate firing. Tyagi sustained gunshot injuries in his chest and abdomen.
Residents of the area rushed him to a hospital where doctors declared him dead.
Tyagi’s two brothers, Hari Om and Nirdosh, have criminal records and both are in Dasna jail.
Hari Om is under judicial custody for murdering a government doctor at Modi Nagar last month, said Modi Nagar police inspector Radha Krishna.
- SP leader's son shot dead in Ghaziabad - Aug 12, 2012
- Cricketer Ajay Tyagi shot dead in Ghaziabad - Jul 06, 2012
- Government employee shot dead outside office - Feb 23, 2011
- Extortion angle being probed in Woodland AGM murder case - Jul 23, 2012
- Three cops, gangster killed in shootout - Oct 29, 2009
- Uttar Pradesh minister named in attempt to murder case - Jun 02, 2011
- Man detained for Congress leader's murder dies (Lead) - Dec 13, 2008
- DTC bus driver gunned down - Oct 06, 2011
- Father, son murdered in gurdwara premises - May 20, 2010
- Businessman killed in Delhi - Oct 21, 2011
- Congress leader killed in his Ghaziabad home (Lead) - Dec 11, 2008
- Chain-snatchers fire at pursuing youth - Sep 02, 2011
- Ghaziabad architect caught taking bribe - Apr 20, 2012
- No breakthrough in Woodland manager's murder case - Jul 21, 2012
- Ex-IAF staffer shot dead, wife injured - Jan 19, 2012