‘Ghajini’ outstrips DDLJ to become biggest domestic earnerJanuary 10th, 2009 - 1:03 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 10 (IANS) Aamir Khan starrer “Ghajini”, which released to packed houses Dec 25, is on its way to create history by taking over the mantle of the biggest domestic earner so far, leaving behind “Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge”.”Ghajini”, a romantic action thriller that explores the life of a rich businessman who suffers from short-term memory loss following a violent incident, has earned Rs.2 billion ($41 million) in less than two weeks from its release.
The film has grossed Rs.1.62 billion in domestic markets and Rs.390 million have come from overseas markets till end of second week. The film is still running to packed houses and may cross more milestones.
“Ghajini”, a film that introduced Asin to Hindi cinema opposite superstar Aamir, was released with 1,200 prints in the domestic market and in a lot of small towns where films are not often released in the first week.
In the overseas market, it is now second only to Karan Johar’s hit film “Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham” which collected Rs.440 million.
- Achala Sachdev passes away - Apr 30, 2012
- Lady luck smiles on Aamir this Christmas too! - Dec 26, 2009
- Love Aaj Kal joins prestigious club - Aug 23, 2009
- Kajol, Tabu, Irrfan Khan get Padma Shri - Jan 25, 2011
- I'm very happy, says Kajol after Padma Shri - Jan 25, 2011
- Bollywood titles: Now a song, now a film - Jul 11, 2010
- Hrithik cracks overseas market - Aug 06, 2011
- DDLJ in Pattinson's favourite five movie list - Nov 03, 2011
- Superhero 'RA.One' flying high with Rs.170 crore collection - Oct 31, 2011
- Fox STAR Studios to distribute Shah Rukh's 'My Name Is Khan' - Aug 06, 2009
- I don't believe I need a son to complete my family: Kajol - Aug 10, 2010
- Karan wants 'Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham' sequel: Big B - Dec 26, 2010
- Kareena to add jazz to IPL opener - Mar 21, 2012
- 'My Name Is Khan' to screen at Berlin film festival - Dec 16, 2009
- The year Aamir, Farhan changed Bollywood creativity - Jul 26, 2011