‘Ghajini’ grosses nearly Rs.900 million worldwideDecember 30th, 2008 - 7:58 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Dec 30 (IANS) Aamir Khan starrer “Ghajini” is raking in big money not only in India, but abroad as well. The film’s box-office performance has almost equalled the big grosser of the year “Singh Is Kinng”, which opened with Rs.900 million worldwide. A Christmas release, “Ghajini” has collected revenues totalling $4 million (nearly Rs.200 million) till Sunday, taking its total worldwide collections to nearly Rs.900 million in just five days since its release.
According to BIG Pictures, Reliance BIG Entertainment Ltd (RBEL), which released “Ghajini” in 22 countries, opened with $0.92 million in the Middle East, followed by North America with $1.4 million and Australia with $254,000.
“Ghajini” is also faring well in Britain. The movie will also open in four additional countries - Myanmar, Uganda, Malaysia aand Morocco in the coming weeks,” said Jawahar Sharma, COO International Film Business, BIG Pictures.
“We are extremely pleased with the film’s overseas opening, which has created benchmarks in various international markets, like North America, Australia and the Middle East.”
Bollywood trade circles, meanwhile, believe that the pace at which “Ghajini” is collecting revenues all over the world, it may end up grossing Rs.1.40 billion by the end of second week of its run, outranking all the Bollywood hits of 2008.
- Superhero 'RA.One' flying high with Rs.170 crore collection - Oct 31, 2011
- '3 Idiots' grosses Rs.315 crore in 19 days - Jan 12, 2010
- 2008 closes on sweet note with action-thriller 'Ghajini' - Dec 31, 2008
- '3 Idiots' grosses Rs.93 crore in opening weekend - Dec 28, 2009
- '3 Idiots' hits jackpot, grosses Rs.93 crore in opening weekend (Lead) - Dec 28, 2009
- '3 Idiots' breaks record, grosses Rs.100 crore in four days (Second Lead) - Dec 28, 2009
- Salman film breaks SRK's overseas record - Sep 03, 2011
- 'Bol Bachchan' crosses Rs.50 crore mark - Jul 10, 2012
- 'Chandni Chowk To China' to surpass 'Ghajini', 'Rab Ne...'? - Jan 15, 2009
- AVATAR still ruling the Box Office! - Dec 28, 2009
- Avatar Opening Week Box Office of Rs 40 crores... - Dec 24, 2009
- 'My Name Is Khan' earns Rs.250 mn on opening day - Feb 14, 2010
- Bollywood se Hollywood Tak: Kambakkht Hit - Jul 06, 2009
- Bollywood went from gloom to glory, singing 'Ooh la la' (2011 in Retrospect) - Dec 15, 2011
- Movie goers' thumbs up to 'Titanic 3D', earns Rs.6.1 crore - Apr 09, 2012