Get all on board to get black money back, Mayawati tells UPAAugust 13th, 2012 - 6:32 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 13 (IANS) Bahujan Samaj Party chief Mayawati Monday said that the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government should take all political parties on board and form a strategy to bring back black money stashed in banks abroad.
“It is a serious matter and efforts should be made to bring back black money. The government should take all political parties on board on the issue,” Mayawati told reporters outside parliament.
She said the money when brought back to India should be distributed among below poverty line (BPL) families.
Yoga guru Baba Ramdev, who had been staging a protest at the Ramlila Maidan here against corruption since Thursday, was detained by police Monday as he led supporters towards Parliament House.
The matter was also raised in both houses of parliament by the opposition National Democratic Alliance (NDA).
- Parties back black money issue inside, outside parliament (Second Lead) - Aug 13, 2012
- Ramdev's parliament march thwarted, gains wide political support (Intro Roundup) - Aug 13, 2012
- BJP doesn't expect political support from Ramdev: Gadkari - Aug 13, 2012
- Ramdev's parliament march thwarted, gains wide political support (Roundup) - Aug 13, 2012
- Mulayam supports Ramdev's agitation on black money - Aug 13, 2012
- Ramdev ends fast with chants of 'Congress hatao', targets PM (Roundup) - Aug 14, 2012
- Ramdev's movement politically motivated: Sheila Dikshit - Aug 13, 2012
- BSP trying to suppress Ramdev's campaign: BJP - Jun 06, 2011
- Ramdev's parliament march thwarted, gains wide political support (Second Intro Roundup) - Aug 14, 2012
- NDA leaders call on Ramdev (Lead) - Aug 13, 2012
- Ramdev ends fast, targets PM; Congress hits back (Second Lead) - Aug 14, 2012
- Ramdev to continue fast, gives deadline to PM - Aug 12, 2012
- Baba Ramdev asks PM to act on black money (Roundup) - Aug 10, 2012
- Ramdev to continue fast, gives Monday deadline to PM (lead) - Aug 12, 2012
- Ramdev detained on way to parliament (Lead) - Aug 13, 2012
Tags: bahujan samaj party, banks, black money, corruption, houses of parliament, maidan, Mayawati, national democratic alliance, New Delhi, opposition, parliament, parliament house, party chief, political parties, poverty line, progressive alliance, ramdev, samaj, UPA, yoga guru