German tourist attempts suicide at Delhi airportAugust 4th, 2012 - 12:53 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 3 (IANS) A 30-year-old German tourist tried to commit suicide by jumping off the departure area of the Indira Gandhi International Airport’s Terminal 3 Friday, police said.
Peter Helmet Seidel, who had arrived in India July 24 on a tourist visa, jumped from forecourt ramp around 1.30 a.m.
“Seidel was alone at the spot at the time of incident. He jumped down from forecourt ramp of the departure terminal,” police said.
He was rushed to a nearby hospital from where he was shifted to All India Institute of Medical Science trauma centre.
“He has received multiple fractures and is critical so we have not recorded any statement yet,” said a police official.
After looking through the belongings of the victim, police found that he booked ticket for Abu Dhabi which was valid till Aug 10.
“The victim seems to be depressed and we are unable to ascertain the reasons behind his presence at the airport,” said the officer.
“After he gets well, we will be able to know the reasons behind he taking the extreme step,” the officer added.
- American citizen attempts suicide at airport - Feb 10, 2011
- Man attempts suicide at Metro station (Lead) - May 05, 2012
- Woman critical after jumping off Delhi flyover - Aug 01, 2012
- Congress leader dies in mysterious circumstances - Aug 10, 2012
- Moscow airport cops suspected of extortion - Aug 29, 2012
- Man jumps off sixth floor of hospital - Dec 30, 2011
- Afghan national jumps from shopping mall, survives - Feb 23, 2012
- Blaze at IGI cargo terminal, offices gutted (Lead) - Jan 05, 2012
- Youth dies after fall from IGI cargo terminal roof - Jul 19, 2012
- Doctor attempts suicide at Delhi hospital - Nov 23, 2011
- Finn man commits suicide in Delhi - Apr 15, 2012
- Glasgow airport evacuated after suspicious package found - Nov 04, 2010
- Major fire at IGI cargo terminal, offices gutted - Jan 05, 2012
- Three held in Bangalore for attacking three from northeast - Aug 17, 2012
- CISF reviews airport security after double breach (Lead) - Mar 28, 2010
Tags: abu dhabi, attempts suicide, belongings, delhi airport, departure area, departure terminal, extreme step, fractures, german tourist, india institute, indira gandhi, indira gandhi international airport, medical science, nearby hospital, police official, ramp, seidel, terminal 3, tourist visa, trauma centre