German radio to air programme in three Indian languagesAugust 19th, 2008 - 7:10 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 19 (IANS) Deutsche Welle (DW) Radio, Germany’s international broadcaster, will soon broadcast programmes in three Indian languages, an official said Tuesday.The broadcaster and the Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) have signed an agreement to this effect, varsity pro-vice chancellor Latha Pillai said Tuesday.
Gyan Vani FM, the radio channel of IGNOU, will facilitate broadcasting of DW-RADIO programming in Hindi, Urdu, Bengali and English over campus radio at 29 universities across the country.
“This will facilitate students of our 29 associated universities getting a broader perspective of subjects happening across the world,” IGNOU spokesman Ravi Mohan told IANS.
In addition, ‘Tomorrow Today’, the science magazine from DW-TV, will be integrated into the schedule of Gyan Darshan, an educational TV channel of IGNOU that operates nationwide via satellite and cable.
In return, DW radio has agreed to support IGNOU with training courses for community radio operators and journalists. Germany’s international broadcaster will oversee several intensive courses per year at the School of New Media Studies at IGNOU.
“We are happy to have the opportunity to reach out to students throughout India,” said Petra Schneider, head of sales and service at DW radio.
- IGNOU launches six FM radio stations on education - Feb 10, 2010
- Educational programmes via TV from Germany to India - Aug 03, 2009
- IGNOU teams up with Deutsche Welle - Aug 07, 2012
- 'IGNOU at par with international institutions' - Jan 01, 2011
- Major German broadcaster wooing Indians with lifestyle channel - Apr 06, 2009
- Choose any subject from any course at IGNOU - Aug 15, 2011
- Amend the Cable Act, says ex-CEO of Prasar Bharati - Feb 10, 2010
- An online guidebook on safe sex - Nov 18, 2011
- IGNOU trains teachers to develop online courses - Aug 13, 2011
- IGNOU-KVS sign MoU for teachers training - Mar 14, 2011
- IGNOU's preparatory course for students desiring higher education - Jun 14, 2012
- IGNOU bags best teaching practices award (With Image) - Jan 28, 2012
- 92 teams participate in IGNOU quiz contest in Bangalore - Aug 10, 2010
- IGNOU gets new web site on Republic Day - Jan 26, 2012
- IGNOU to focus on more foreign tie-ups - Jan 28, 2012