German arrested for targeting Force India driverMay 13th, 2008 - 5:10 pm ICT by admin
London, May 13 (IANS) German police have arrested a jobless man who reportedly tried to sell personal information about Vijay Mallya’s Force India Formula One driver Adrian Sutil, according to reports Tuesday. The man allegedly tried to sell a computer disc containing personal information about Sutil to a magazine.
The man, identified only as Dieter, is said to be well known to the police in the state of Bavaria.
Sutil, 24, is British racing hero Lewis Hamilton’s best friend, the Daily Telegraph reported.
The paper said the hard disc had information on financial transactions in Switzerland and private e-mail correspondence between Sutil and Hamilton.
“There were also private pictures involved although these are not thought to be of Hamilton nor of a sensitive nature,” the paper added.
The Force India Formula One team, co-owned by Indian billionaire Vijay Mallya and European e-businessman Michiel Mol, debuted this year in the FIA Formula One World Championship, heralding the start of a new era for Indian motor sport.
Its three drivers are Sutil, Giancarlo Fisichella and Vitantonio Liuzzi.
Police said Sutil’s father Jorge had “disposed of the computer some time ago” and it is unclear how Dieter came by it.
Dieter allegedly tried to sell the disc to Bild Motorsport magazine for 8,000 pounds ($15,600) but the editor called the police, who arrested the man at a petrol station near Munich in the weekend.
Sutil said: “Somebody took the hard disc out of a computer my father sold on, recognised me and wanted to make some money out of it. But after four days they caught him.”
- Formula One legends embrace i1Super Series - Dec 20, 2011
- Force India retains Italian drivers - Dec 15, 2008
- Force India retain drivers - Nov 27, 2009
- Force India's Hulkenberg finishes fourth in Belgium - Sep 02, 2012
- Force India bags maiden Q3 position at Chinese Grand Prix - Apr 16, 2011
- Force India test driver Liuzzi replaces Fisichella - Sep 07, 2009
- Sutil wants early renegotiation of Force India contract - Oct 24, 2011
- Sutil brings Force India on front row for second consecutive race - Sep 12, 2009
- No points for Force India, Karthikeyan 21st at Turkish GP - May 08, 2011
- Force India's Sutil 8th fastest in opening practice at Monaco GP - May 26, 2011
- Vitantonio Liuzzi to race for Force India - Sep 07, 2009
- Sutil leaves Hamilton behind to finish fifth for Force India - Apr 04, 2010
- Force India disappoint, Vettel wins Spanish Grand Prix - May 22, 2011
- Supercar Series rescheduled - Jan 12, 2012
- Vettel claims another pole, Sutil sneaks into 10th at European GP - Jun 25, 2011