Gere to auction prized guitars for charityAugust 19th, 2011 - 2:28 pm ICT by IANS
New York, Aug 19 (IANS) Hollywood star Richard Gere is selling off his prized guitars in a bid to raise over $1 million for humanitarian charities.
A 110-strong guitar collection once owned by blues legend Albert King and Jamaican reggae musician Peter Tosh will be showcased at a Christie’s auction in New York in October.
“They have been my true friends through the best and worst of times. I never planned to put together a collection. I just bought ones that I liked, the ones that sounded good and played well,” dailystar.co.uk quoted the 61-year-old as saying.
“Some are very special. Although it’s more than a little painful to let them go, each one has been played, loved and appreciated - and will be again,” he added.
All proceeds from the sale will go to humanitarian causes around the world.
- Doherty to auction Winehouse painting - May 06, 2012
- Bob Marley film to be shown at Berlin fest - Jan 23, 2012
- Dunst donates designer bag for charity - Dec 04, 2010
- Jolie prefers guitar to school - Jun 04, 2011
- Christie's to auction Liz Taylor's clothes, accessories - Jun 30, 2011
- Elizabeth Taylor leaves bulk of fortune for AIDS charity - Mar 27, 2011
- Pattinson autographed guitar to be auctioned for charity - Mar 18, 2010
- Colombian musician gives 'gun-guitar' to Gandhi museum - Oct 31, 2011
- Gaga's piano to go under hammer - Jun 11, 2011
- Eric Clapton to sell part of his guitar collection for Crossroads Centre - Dec 10, 2010
- Fergie wants to set up cancer charity - Aug 07, 2011
- Beckham to buy Taylor's jewellery for Victoria - Sep 20, 2011
- Oct 5 to be celebrated as Global James Bond Day (With Image) - Aug 30, 2012
- Elton John want Timberlake for his biopic - Jan 04, 2012
- Harris puts engagement ring on auction - Oct 01, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,