Genelia faces suit in Andhra court in cheating caseApril 18th, 2012 - 5:12 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, April 18 (IANS) The Andhra Pradesh High Court Wednesday directed actor Genelia D’Souza to appear before it personally or through her lawyer in a cheating case related to the purchase of a house from a company for which she was brand ambassador.
The court asked for April 25 appearance to explain why her name should not be included in the first information report (FIR), said Balaji, counsel of the petitioner Chatta Tirupathaiah.
The high court was dealing with a petition Tirupathaiah filed regarding his purchase of a duplex house from real estate company Anjaniputra Infrastructure Pvt Ltd (APiPL).
He alleged that police had not complied with a lower court’s order to file a case against Genelia and five directors of the company for defaulting on giving him possession of the duplex house.
Tirupathaiah alleged that the police registered an FIR against directors of the real estate firm but left out Genelia.
The Nampally court, on his petition, last month directed Saifabad police to register a case.
Tirupataiah alleged that Genelia as the brand ambassador lured customers to the company by giving it a clean chit for good management practices and thus had a role in the fraud.
According to him, she had even claimed in the promotion that she was one the directors of the company and bought plots in the venture.
Tirupataiah in 2008 had paid Rs.54 lakh to APiPL for a plot and construction of a duplex house on it at Kalvakolu village in the Maheswaram mandal of Ranga Reddy district. The house has not yet been constructed. He claimed the company, which collected nearly Rs.250 crore from buyers had not even begun the registration process for the venture.
- Andhra home secretary arrested in Emaar case (Second Lead) - Jan 30, 2012
- Orchid Chemicals sells penicillin, penem business to Hospira - Aug 29, 2012
- CBI to file supplementary chargesheet in Emaar case - Apr 09, 2012
- CBI to file additional chargesheet in Emaar case (Lead, Superseding earlier story) - Apr 09, 2012
- CBI makes first arrest in Emaar township scam - Nov 04, 2011
- Jagan's relative sent to jail in Emaar township case - Jan 25, 2012
- CBI conducts more searches in Jagan case - Aug 20, 2011
- Court modifies CLB order on Unitech auction - Aug 06, 2012
- Four get bail in Adarsh housing scam (Lead) - Mar 21, 2012
- Adarsh scam: Three arrested, more likely - Mar 20, 2012
- Deshmukh challenges 'grave strictures' in apex court - Mar 01, 2012
- SC moved challenging quashing of FIR against Yeddyurappa - Mar 21, 2012
- CBI charge sheets two IAS officers, 10 others in Emaar scam (Lead) - Feb 02, 2012
- Apex court to hear Krishna's plea Friday - Jan 26, 2012
- Bhatta-Parsaul 'rape': Panel warns Uttar Pradesh - Oct 24, 2011
Tags: ambassador, andhra pradesh high court, chatta, clean chit, crore, duplex house, fir, fraud, genelia, genelia d souza, good management, information report, lakh, lawyer, management practices, mandal, petition, petitioner, possession, pvt ltd