Gender sensitisation training in judicial academies soonFebruary 11th, 2011 - 7:27 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 11 (IANS) In an effort to sensitise the judiciary, the women and child development ministry is working with the law ministry to introduce a gender sensitisation training module in judicial academies soon.Talking about the initiative, Sangeeta Verma, economic advisor to the women and child development ministry said: “Gender sensitisation of the judiciary is very important for speedy and effective trial of cases where a woman has been a victim of violence and harassment”.
“Therefore, we are working with the law ministry to introduce a gender sensitisation training module in the judicial academies. Something similar is being thought for in police training schools,” she added.
Verma was speaking at a consultation on Rising Cases of Crime Against Women in NCR: Corrective Strategies at the Institute of Social Sciences here Friday.
- Rape cases trials in fast track courts mooted - Feb 11, 2011
- Jamia Millia reaches out to women in distress - Feb 25, 2011
- NGOs want protection of men in sexual harassment bill - Jul 17, 2010
- Cabinet approves bill against sexual harassment at workplace - Nov 04, 2010
- Noida police draw flak for exposing rape victim (Lead) - Feb 28, 2012
- Sports effective tool for change in gender issues: Study - May 30, 2012
- States consulted on courts working in shifts - Jun 19, 2010
- Law to protect women from workplace harassment soon - Oct 28, 2010
- 'Include rehabilitation in children sexual offence bill' - Dec 21, 2011
- Over 8,000 trafficking cases registered in three years - Mar 10, 2011
- Sexual discrimination reconsidered - Aug 06, 2010
- Sri Lanka plans severe punishment for child abuse - Jul 09, 2012
- Need for effective enforcement of child rights: Experts - Apr 30, 2011
- New campaign to spread awareness against dowry - Nov 25, 2009
- Cabinet clears bill against workplace sexual harassment (Lead) - Nov 04, 2010