Geetika suicide: Chaddha to be questioned for another dayAugust 11th, 2012 - 7:12 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 11 (IANS) A Delhi court Saturday extended by a day the police custody of the now-defunct MDLR Airlines’ official Aruna Chaddha in a case related to the suicide of former flight attendant Geetika Sharma here Aug 5.
Duty Magistrate Manish Khurana extended the time for custodial interrogation of Chaddha till Sunday after police said her custody was required for recovering documents from her office.
Counsel B.S. Rana appeared for Chaddha, who was arrested Wednesday, and opposed the police plea. Chaddha was Thursday sent to two days’ police custody.
Geetika left a suicide note blaming Chaddha for her extreme step. Geetika also named her ex-employer and Haryana’s former minister Gopal Goyal Kanda in the suicide note, police said.
Charges of criminal intimidation have been slapped on Kanda, who was denied anticipatory bail by another Delhi court Thursday. He is yet to appear before investigators for questioning.
Geetika’s body was found hanging in her house in north Delhi’s Ashok Vihar. Her autopsy report confirmed there was no foul play and that she died due to hanging.
Kanda owned the MDLR Airlines where Geetika worked as a flight attendant. After the airlines ceased to function in 2009, she was given a job in another company owned by Kanda. She later quit the company.
According to Geetika’s brother, Gaurav, his sister was being constantly mentally harassed by Kanda and Chaddha.
- Chaddha's police custody extended by three days - Aug 13, 2012
- Police to question Chaddha for three more days (Lead) - Aug 13, 2012
- Geetika suicide: Chaddha sent to two days' police custody (Lead) - Aug 09, 2012
- Police scan Kanda's 400 SMS to Geetika - Aug 12, 2012
- Court issues warrant against Kanda (Lead) - Aug 16, 2012
- Geetika suicide: Police arrest Chaddha, Kanda absconding - Aug 08, 2012
- Court issues warrant against Kanda - Aug 16, 2012
- Kanda's anticipatory bail plea decision Friday - Aug 16, 2012
- Hearing on Aruna Chaddha's bail plea deferred - Sep 05, 2012
- Court denies Kanda shield against arrest (Lead) - Aug 09, 2012
- Court denies Kanda shield against arrest (Second Lead) - Aug 09, 2012
- Court rejects Aruna Chaddha's bail plea - Sep 07, 2012
- Chaddha's judicial custody extended till Sep 11 - Aug 30, 2012
- Kanda may move high court for anticipatory bail - Aug 10, 2012
- Raids on Kanda's homes, offices continue - Aug 09, 2012
Tags: ashok, autopsy report, criminal intimidation, custodial interrogation, delhi court, extreme step, flight attendant, foul play, haryana, investigators, kanda, magistrate, mdlr airlines, New Delhi, north delhi, note police, plea, police custody, rana, suicide note