Geetika suicide: Chaddha sent to two days’ police custody (Lead)August 9th, 2012 - 6:59 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 9 (IANS) A Delhi court Thursday sent the now-defunct MDLR Airlines’ official Aruna Chaddha to two days’ police custody in a case related to the suicide of former flight attendant Geetika Sharma here Aug 5. She was arrested the day before.
Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Devender Kumar Jangala allowed police to quiz Chaddha till Aug 11.
Geetika left a suicide note blaming Chaddha for her extreme step. Sharma’s ex-employer and Haryana’s former minister Gopal Goyal Kanda was also named in the note, police said.
Charges of criminal intimidation have been slapped on Kanda, who was denied anticipatory bail by another Delhi court Thursday.
Sharma’s body was found hanging in her house in north Delhi’s Ashok Vihar Aug 5.
Kanda owned the MDLR Airlines where Sharma worked as a flight attendant. After the airlines ceased to function in 2009, she was given a job in another company owned by Kanda. She later quit the company.
According to Sharma’s brother, Gaurav, his sister was being constantly mentally harassed by Kanda and Chaddha.
- Chaddha's police custody extended by three days - Aug 13, 2012
- Police to question Chaddha for three more days (Lead) - Aug 13, 2012
- Court issues warrant against Kanda (Lead) - Aug 16, 2012
- Court issues warrant against Kanda - Aug 16, 2012
- Geetika suicide: Chaddha to be questioned for another day - Aug 11, 2012
- Kanda sent to 7 days police custody (Lead) - Aug 18, 2012
- Kanda's anticipatory bail plea decision Friday - Aug 16, 2012
- Chaddha's judicial custody extended till Sep 11 - Aug 30, 2012
- Aruna Chaddha moves bail application - Aug 31, 2012
- Geetika suicide: Police arrest Chaddha, Kanda absconding - Aug 08, 2012
- Court again rejects cops' plea seeking Chaddha's custody - Aug 21, 2012
- Court denies Kanda shield against arrest (Lead) - Aug 09, 2012
- Kanda's police custody extended by three days - Aug 25, 2012
- Court denies Kanda shield against arrest (Second Lead) - Aug 09, 2012
- Kanda sent to judicial custody (Lead) - Aug 28, 2012
Tags: ashok, brother, criminal intimidation, delhi court, devender, extreme step, flight attendant, haryana, job, kanda, magistrate, mdlr airlines, New Delhi, north delhi, note police, police custody, suicide note