Gas leaks in Tata Steel unit, one deadDecember 30th, 2008 - 4:18 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, Dec 30 (IANS) One man died and two others were injured when gas leaked in a blast furnace unit of Tata Steel in Jamshedpur Tuesday, an official said. M.K. Manjhi died on the spot when gas leaked around 11 a.m. while Kumar Bahadur and C. Mukhi were injured. They were taken to Tata Main Hospital, Jamshedpur.
Bahadur, a contract labourer, and Mukhi, an employee of Tata Steel, are said to be in critical condition.
“Three people were involved in the maintenance work when gas leaked from a pipe somewhere. One died and two others are admitted in hospital,” Vice President of Tata Workers Unions Shailesh Singh told IANS on phone.
No official statement has been released by the firm yet.