Garo militant nabbed in AssamJune 16th, 2012 - 10:29 pm ICT by IANS
Guwahati, June 16 (IANS) A cadre of Meghalaya’s banned Garo National Liberation Army (GNLA) was arrested in Assam’s Goalpara district Saturday, police said.
Cash amounting to Rs.6 lakh and a Maruti car were also seized from the GNLA cadre, identified as R. Sangma, police said.
“We have arrested the cadre during a routine check at Damra area,” a police official said, adding that the cadre was on his way to Dudhnoi in the district to procure some wireless sets from a Nagaland-based supplier.
- Arms seized in Assam - Jun 02, 2012
- GNLA chief arms procurer arrested in Meghalaya - Jun 20, 2012
- Assam businessman killed, another abducted in Meghalaya - Aug 08, 2012
- Suspected arms dealers nabbed in Assam - Apr 28, 2012
- Garo militant arrested in Assam - Mar 08, 2012
- Militant nabbed in Meghalaya - Jun 05, 2012
- Three Meghalaya rebels nabbed - Nov 25, 2011
- Ulfa's bomb-making unit busted; 2 held - May 21, 2012
- Two civilians killed, abducted manager untraced in Meghalaya - Jan 18, 2012
- Meghalaya launches operation to rescue abducted exporter's son - Aug 31, 2012
- Meghalaya's views sought to declare GNLA outlawed - Nov 01, 2011
- GNLA rebels, forces exchange fire in Meghalaya - Mar 02, 2012
- Meghalaya Police announce reward for catching GNLA rebels - Apr 28, 2012
- 'Link between Meghalaya rebel group, student activists' - Sep 04, 2011
- Three GNLA rebels arrested - Nov 05, 2010