Garo militant arrested in AssamMarch 8th, 2012 - 11:55 pm ICT by IANS
Guwahati, March 8 (IANS) A cadre of Meghalaya’s Garo National Liberation Army (GNLA) was arrested in Assam Thursday, police said.
Additional Superintendent of Police (Operation) Ranjan Bhuyan told IANS that Rinfu Sangma, arrested from the Nine Mile area on the Assam-Meghalaya border, is an important cadre of the outfit.
A pistol, live ammunition, three mobile handsets with SIM cards and Rs. 57,000 were recovered from his possession, said Bhuyan.
Rinfu hails from West Garo Hills district of Meghalaya.
“Rinfu is the area commander of GNLA based in Mendipathar area in Garo Hills. We arrested him when he came to meet his wife in Nine Mile area,” said Bhuyan and added that a team of Meghalaya Police have already arrived in Guwahati regarding the case.
There were several cases registered against Rinfu in Meghalaya, Bhuyan said.
- Arms seized in Assam - Jun 02, 2012
- Militant nabbed in Meghalaya - Jun 05, 2012
- Ulfa's bomb-making unit busted; 2 held - May 21, 2012
- Suspected arms dealers nabbed in Assam - Apr 28, 2012
- Two rebels arrested in Meghalaya - Jun 10, 2012
- Garo militant nabbed in Assam - Jun 16, 2012
- GNLA chief arms procurer arrested in Meghalaya - Jun 20, 2012
- Assam businessman killed, another abducted in Meghalaya - Aug 08, 2012
- GNLA commander killed, camp busted in Meghalaya - Sep 14, 2012
- Four GNLA cadres killed on Assam-Meghalaya border - Apr 05, 2012
- Garo militant nabbed in Meghalaya (Lead) - Jun 06, 2012
- Two civilians killed, abducted manager untraced in Meghalaya - Jan 18, 2012
- 'Link between Meghalaya rebel group, student activists' - Sep 04, 2011
- Two GNLA linkmen held in Meghalaya - Jul 20, 2012
- GNLA rebels, forces exchange fire in Meghalaya - Mar 02, 2012
Tags: assam, garo hills district, guwahati, live ammunition, meghalaya, mobile handsets, national liberation army, pistol, police operation, possession, sim cards, superintendent, west garo hills, west garo hills district