Gangster carrying Rs.1 lakh reward killedOctober 28th, 2011 - 4:25 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Oct 28 (IANS) A gangster carrying a reward of Rs.1 lakh for his capture was gunned down by police in Uttar Pradesh’s Saharanpur district Friday, officials said.
Mustafa alias Kaza, 28, was shot dead during a gunfight with the police in Ganghoh area, some 550 km from Lucknow, while his four accomplices managed to escape.
“Mustafa had around 30 criminal cases, including murder of policemen and abduction, registered against him at various police stations,” said police inspector Chaman Chawla.
“Acting on a tip-off, we raided a hideout following which Mustafa and his accomplices started firing indiscriminately at the police team. We also retaliated and Mustafa was shot dead in the cross firing,” he added.
A native of Uttar Pradesh, Mustafa usually operated in western parts of the state. A foreign-made pistol and a country-made firearm were recovered from Mustafa’s possession.
- Gangster gunned down in Uttar Pradesh - Nov 22, 2010
- Gangster gunned down in Uttar Pradesh - Sep 07, 2011
- Police gun down gangster - Oct 25, 2011
- Couple held with 15 pistols in Uttar Pradesh - Aug 21, 2011
- Six firearms smugglers arrested after gunfight - Dec 02, 2011
- Arms smuggler held with 18 pistols - Sep 12, 2011
- 40 illegal firearms seized, three held in Uttar Pradesh - Jan 22, 2011
- Hostage killed before cops gun down two gangsters - Jan 18, 2011
- Uttar Pradesh gangster shot dead by police - Sep 09, 2010
- Gangster killed in Uttar Pradesh - Dec 10, 2010
- Man killed in celebratory firing in UP - Jun 30, 2012
- Man kills woman, lynched by mob - Oct 27, 2011
- Gangster gunned down in Uttar Pradesh - Apr 22, 2010
- Cops gun down wanted criminal in Uttar Pradesh - Jul 28, 2011
- Seven passengers killed as bus falls into pit - Apr 06, 2011
Tags: abduction, accomplices, alias, chaman, cross firing, gangster, gunfight, hideout, pistol, police inspector, police stations, police team, policemen, possession, saharanpur district, uttar pradesh