Gang of Bangladeshi burglars busted (Lead)June 13th, 2010 - 8:33 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 13 (IANS) A gang of Bangladeshis who burgled houses in Delhi’s posh localities and disposed of the booty in Bangladesh and West Bengal has been busted here, police said Sunday.
Led by a man known as “Mental Babu”, the three-member gang was involved in 21 cases of burglaries and thefts.
Assisting Mohammad Babu alias Mental Babu (39) were Mohammad Suman, 23, and Mohammad Sujan, 25. They were arrested Saturday from Lodhi Colony.
The gang revealed that they had their hideouts in Noida, adjoining Delhi, and committed crimes in south Delhi.
“After three-four heists, they would go to West Bengal or Bangladesh to dispose of the stolen goods,” he said.
Cases under the Arms Act and Foreigners Act were registered against them.
Police have recovered gold jewellery worth Rs.2 lakh, coins of different countries and house-breaking implements.
- Gang of Bangladeshi burglars busted in Delhi - Jun 13, 2010
- Police unearth burglars' gang involving Rajasthan tribesmen - Aug 03, 2009
- Ex-army official's house burgled - Feb 09, 2012
- Jewellery stolen from Hindu temples recovered in Bangladesh - Feb 19, 2011
- Bagladeshi robbers' gang busted - Feb 08, 2012
- Two human traffickers arrested - May 18, 2011
- Two held for supplying fake Rs.10 coins - Aug 10, 2010
- Seven of bikers gang arrested - Feb 24, 2010
- Juvenile gang leader escapes with 26 from remand home - Mar 15, 2010
- Chain snatchers and their new tricks - Jun 04, 2012
- 5 Bangladeshi robbers nabbed in Delhi - Mar 10, 2011
- Bangladeshi diplomat confident about Teesta water pact - Dec 16, 2011
- BSF trooper dies three days after Bangladeshis' attack - Feb 07, 2012
- Rs.1 crore burglary at Delhi bank cashier's house - Jul 25, 2011
- Bangladeshi bandit killed in Tripura - Mar 29, 2012