Gang dealing in fake medicines busted in Uttar PradeshDecember 8th, 2008 - 4:34 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Dec 8 (IANS) An inter-state gang dealing in fake medicines was busted with the arrest of three people and recovery of spurious drugs worth Rs.four million in Uttar Pradesh, the police said Monday.”Acting on a tip off, we raided a hideout Sunday night in Madhavnagar village in Saharanpur district and arrested the three involved in the fake drugs racket”, police inspector B.R. Verma told IANS on phone.
Nearly 100 cartons of fake medicines were also recovered from the site in Saharanpur, over 400 km from Lucknow, police said.
The three people arrested have already confessed that they used to manufacture and supply spurious medicines to drug dealers of Bihar, Madhya Pradesh, Uttarakhand and other neighbouring states, they added.
- Man held with counterfeit currency - Nov 05, 2011
- Eight held with spurious drugs worth Rs.1 crore - Nov 06, 2009
- Man held with heroin worth Rs.1 crore in Uttar Pradesh - Jan 01, 2011
- Spurious medicines racket busted, three arrested (Lead) - Jul 16, 2011
- Inter-state spurious drugs peddling gang busted in Uttar Pradesh - Aug 08, 2008
- Arms smuggler held in Uttar Pradesh - Sep 10, 2011
- Three held with marijuana worth over Rs.3 crore - Sep 28, 2010
- Uttar Pradesh police bust inter-state fake drugs gang - Jan 03, 2009
- Spurious drugs racket busted in Haryana - Jul 15, 2011
- Man arrested with Buddha idol worth Rs.3 crore - Jul 16, 2010
- Four arrested with Rs.5 crore antique Buddha idol - Mar 23, 2011
- Two held with fake currency notes - Oct 15, 2011
- Five men arrested with fake notes - Sep 13, 2011
- Drug peddler held with Rs.1 crore brown sugar - Feb 03, 2011
- Five Chandigarh youths arrested in Uttar Pradesh - Jul 10, 2009