Gang adulterating diesel, kerosene busted in Greater NoidaMarch 17th, 2009 - 10:51 pm ICT by IANS
Greater Noida, March 17 (IANS) The police in Greater Noida Tuesday arrested eight persons and busted a gang adulterating kerosene and diesel and selling the spurious stuff in the market. However, the gang’s kingpin is yet to be arrested.
The police and district supply officials raided a factory at S-10, Site-B in Surajpur Industrial Area and arrested Rajendra, Lakshmi Singh, Sachin, Sripal, Vikram, Nitu, Virendra and Raj Kumar.
However, factory owner Om Prakash Gupta alias Pinto and his father Suresh Gupta are absconding, Greater Noida police superintendent Surendra Verma said.
The police recovered four tankers of diesel, 12,000 litres kerosene, 55,000 litres of various chemicals and Rs.80,000 in cash from the factory premises.
- BJP alleges politician-oil mafia nexus, seeks CBI inquiry - Jan 28, 2011
- Oil tankers in Jammu and Kashmir call off strike - Jul 05, 2012
- Policeman crushed to death by speeding bus in Noida - Dec 12, 2010
- Spurious drugs racket busted in Haryana - Jul 15, 2011
- Two held with leopard skin in Chhattisgarh - Oct 19, 2011
- Spurious medicines racket busted, three arrested (Lead) - Jul 16, 2011
- Oil tankers in J&K; go on indefinite strike - Jul 03, 2012
- Police nab kidnappers of industrialist, recover money - Oct 13, 2011
- Police gun down criminal - Jan 05, 2011
- No deregulation of diesel, kerosene, LPG prices - Aug 21, 2012
- Oil tankers in J&K; go on indefinite strike (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- Spurious milk meant for Delhi seized in Haryana - May 29, 2009
- Hundreds court arrest in Orissa (Lead) - Jul 05, 2010
- Five oil tankers of goods train derailed in Uttar Pradesh - Nov 11, 2010
- Contractor robbed of Rs.4 lakh in Greater Noida - Jun 08, 2010