Gandhi souvenirs outlet opened at Mumbai airportOctober 2nd, 2011 - 6:15 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Oct 2 (IANS) For the first time, souvenirs dedicated to Mahatma Gandhi will be available at Mumbai’s Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport as part of a special corporate initiative, an official said here Sunday.
A collection of souvenirs of the Father of the Nation was inaugurated by Maharashtra Governor K. Sankaranarayanan here to mark Gandhi’s birth anniversary.
The Aditya Birla Group has taken the initiative to make Gandhi’s souvenirs available to the masses and domestic and international tourists from convenient outlets at Mumbai’s airport and Mani Bhavan, Sabarmati Ashram in Ahmedbadad in Gujarat and Rajghat in New Delhi.
“The collection includes statues in different sizes of the iconic three monkeys, khadi dress material and costumes, bookmarks, crystal cubes, mugs, magnets, notepads, calendars, ceramic statues, paper weights, key chains and many other articles,” the official said.
Director of Aditya Birla Group Rajashree Birla, chairman of the group’s Business Review Council A.K. Agarwala and other dignitaries were present on the occasion.
Presently, a few Gandhi souvenirs are available at scattered locations at some malls and shopping complexes, but this will be the first effort to make them accessible to the masses from a single location, the official said.
Gandhi, born this day in 1869 at Porbandar in Gujarat, played a key role in India’s independence struggle. He was assassinated Jan 30, 1948.
- Media persons frown on paid news, PR journalists - Feb 14, 2012
- British envoy's wife to retrace Dandi march to help poor - Nov 15, 2010
- Big B to shoot in Gandhi's birthplace - Aug 18, 2010
- 'Kai Po Che!' to release in January 2013 (With Image) - May 18, 2012
- Idea launches 3G services in Kashmir - Oct 19, 2011
- Aditya Birla Nuvo to buy controlling stake in Pantaloon - Apr 30, 2012
- Aditya Birla Nuvo to buy controlling stake in Pantaloon (Lead, Superseding earlier story) - Apr 30, 2012
- Delhi Metro spreads safety message through games, bookmarks - Mar 24, 2011
- Sonia's first appearance post surgery, visits Rajghat - Oct 02, 2011
- From huts to high streets: Khadi comes of age (Feature) - Sep 30, 2011
- '100,000 homes for the homeless in India by 2015' - Aug 20, 2010
- Khadi goes stylish, attracts fashion conscious age group - Nov 18, 2009
- IGNOU to empower the less privileged - Aug 05, 2011
- Rajkot students recall Gandhi's teachings on his death anniversary - Jan 30, 2010
- Exhibition organized in Jaipur to promote 'Khadi' - Jan 02, 2011
Tags: aditya birla group, birth anniversary, ceramic statues, chhatrapati shivaji international airport, corporate initiative, dignitaries, dress material, gujarat, independence struggle, international tourists, key chains, mahatma gandhi, mumbai airport, paper weights, porbandar, rajghat, sabarmati ashram, shopping complexes, souvenirs, three monkeys