Games village flats will be auctioned: DDAOctober 30th, 2010 - 8:36 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 30 (IANS) The Delhi Development Authority (DDA) Saturday clarified that it will auction 100 of the more than 600 Commonwealth Games flats in its possession, and not allot them to bureaucrats or ministers.
“No individual, politician or a bureaucrat or any person of influence belonging to any organisation was proposed, as DDA does not have the mandate to benefit any individual,” the development authority said in a statement.
The clarification came a day after a news report suggested that the DDA had sent a proposal to the ministry of urban development to allow the flats to be allotted to government agencies.
The beneficiaries included Delhi Police, public sector units, members of parliament, state legislators, apart from agencies like the Central Vigilance Commission (CVC) and the Comptroller and Auditor General’s office, currently investigating corruption charges in various Games projects.
According to DDA, the auction of the 100 flats, of various categories, will determine the market price of the apartments.
Situated beside the Akshardham temple in east Delhi, the Village has 34 towers with 1,168 flats — of two, three, four, and five- bedroom-hall-kitchen types.
The DDA took over more than 600 flats in exchange for the financial bailout it offered to the realty major, Emaar MGF, during construction of the flats.
“The DDA now has more than 600 flats at the Games Village. The remaining will be sold by Emaar MGF construction company,” said DDA’s public relation officer (PRO) Neemo Dhar.
The statement maintained that the auction was being conducted keeping in mind the public interest.
“DDA is working in public interest and any proposal submitted by it is thoroughly discussed, where public representatives are also present, and it is again approved by the government of India,” the statement added.
- DDA taking over 700 Games Village flats (Lead) - Oct 18, 2010
- No proposal to allot CWG flats to VIPs: DDA - Dec 06, 2010
- CWG village: DDA says builder can allot flats - Apr 19, 2012
- DDA starts process of taking over Games Village flats - Oct 18, 2010
- Shock for CWG flat owners: Emaar-MGF owes government Rs.314 crore - Mar 13, 2012
- CWG village flats: Pay dues to DDA, court tells Emaar MGF - Mar 19, 2012
- Jaipal defends DDA's bailout package for Emaar MGF - Oct 21, 2010
- Year on, filthy CWG flats lie unoccupied - Sep 28, 2011
- 'Expedite issue of completion certificates' - Feb 24, 2012
- Emaar-MGF's Rs.183-cr bank guarantee confiscated - Oct 20, 2010
- Emaar-MGF denies bank guarantee confiscated by DDA - Oct 20, 2010
- Emaar-MGF moves court against DDA on bank guarantee - Oct 25, 2010
- Emaar-MGF under scanner, ED may summon Bhanot (Roundup) - Oct 20, 2010
- Irregularities in awarding CWG Village work to Emaar: CAG - Aug 05, 2011
- Terms set for bailout of Emaar's Commonwealth Games Village - May 03, 2009
Tags: akshardham temple, bureaucrat, central vigilance commission, commonwealth games, comptroller and auditor general, corruption charges, delhi development authority, delhi development authority dda, delhi police, east delhi, emaar mgf, financial bailout, government of india, hall kitchen, members of parliament, neemo, public relation officer, public representatives, public sector units, state legislators