Games’ shopping festival to kick off Sep 25 in DelhiSeptember 10th, 2010 - 4:50 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 10 (IANS) The Commonwealth Games Shopping Festival will commence Sep 25 across all main markets in Delhi.
An initiative of the Commonwealth Games (CWG) 2010 Organising Committee and the Delhi Traders Association, the gala will be held till Oct 15.
“We are delighted to announce this shopping festival as part of the festive spirit that is set to engulf the city as part of the Commonwealth Games Delhi 2010 (Oct 3-14). Our endeavour is to impart to every visitor an exciting and memorable experience during their stay in the city,” CWG organising committee chairman Suresh Kalmadi said in a statement.
The shopping fest will be held across the city’s popular markets like Greater Kailash, South Extension, Chandni Chowk, Karol Bagh, Lajpat Nagar, Connaught Place, Kamla Nagar, Ajmal Khan Road, Rajouri Garden and Chawri Bazar, to name a few.
The markets will also be decorated and illuminated in order to induce the spirit of the Games and provide visitors with an insight to the cultural heritage of the country.
“The traders of Delhi are eagerly looking forward to the festival and are delighted by this initiative of the organising committee to support us and make us actively participate in the celebrations surrounding the Commonwealth Games Delhi 2010. We plan to provide customers with healthy discounts and attractive packages, and believe that Diwali bonanzas will come early even for local shoppers,” Delhi Traders Association president Surinder Singh Dhir said.
- Commonwealth Games Shopping Festival to kick off from Sept.25 - Sep 08, 2010
- CWG shopping festival begins Saturday - Sep 25, 2010
- Games shopping festival kicks off with fervour - Sep 25, 2010
- Vegetable prices soar in Delhi - Sep 30, 2010
- Freebies, discounts entice visitors as Games fever grips Delhi - Oct 06, 2010
- Closed for Games, Delhi markets suffer losses - Oct 14, 2010
- 'Delhi markets suffered huge loss during Games' - Oct 15, 2010
- Terror bid unveiled, but Delhiites' festive spirits still high - Oct 14, 2011
- CWG security takes shine out of Ramlila celebrations - Oct 02, 2010
- Terror e-mail holds back shoppers in Delhi, suburbs - Sep 13, 2011
- Taj city decked up for warm welcome to CWG guests - Oct 04, 2010
- Court defers hearing over Dikshit - Feb 23, 2012
- Postal department makes special arrangement for rakhi mails - Aug 11, 2011
- CWG case: CBI files chargesheet against 10 people, two firms (Lead) - May 20, 2011
- Auto Expo tickets available from Saturday - Jan 05, 2012
Tags: ajmal khan, association president, attractive packages, bonanzas, commonwealth games delhi 2010, connaught place, cultural heritage, dhir, diwali, endeavour, festive spirit, karol bagh, lajpat nagar, memorable experience, organising committee, shopping festival, spirit of the games, suresh kalmadi, surinder singh, traders association