Games projects will be completed on time, Dikshit assures KalmadiJuly 15th, 2010 - 10:59 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 15 (IANS) Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit Thursday assured Commonwealth Games Organising Committee Chairman Suresh Kalmadi that construction projects related to the Oct 3-14 mega sporting event would be completed on time.
The two also discussed measures to beautify the city for the Games.
At Delhi Secretariat, a presentation for beautification of the city was made by the Municipal Corporation of Delhi, Delhi Tourism besides the Organising Committee, an official said.
During the two-hour meeting, Kalmadi was also assured by Dikshit that the Barapullah Nallah elevated road, which will connect the Games village with Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, will be completed soon.
- Dikshit visits CWG sites - Jul 14, 2010
- Everything ready for CWG: Delhi chief secretary - Sep 16, 2010
- Games flags, banners to cover Delhi eyesores - Aug 19, 2010
- Delhi's Barapullah elevated road open for public - Dec 07, 2010
- Dikshit gets loudest cheers - Oct 03, 2010
- Army to hand over footbridge near Nehru stadium soon - Sep 28, 2010
- PMO, Delhi CM indicted for Commonwealth Games flaws (Roundup) - Aug 05, 2011
- India rushes to meet CWG deadlines, PM holds meeting (Roundup) - Sep 23, 2010
- MCD cleans drain below Barapullah corridor - Oct 06, 2010
- Dikshit expresses support for Kalmadi - Aug 29, 2010
- Dikshit issues warning to Games contractors - Jul 26, 2010
- Sheila Dikshit calls emergency meeting - Aug 04, 2011
- Troubles behind, India promises 'best ever' Commonwealth Games - Sep 02, 2010
- Two men die in freak Delhi accident (Lead) - Dec 23, 2011
- Kalmadi claims government appointed officers at his behest (Lead) - Aug 19, 2010