Gambhir to miss KKR’s CLT20 qualifiersSeptember 13th, 2011 - 8:55 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 13 (IANS) Gautam Gambhir, who suffered a concussion during the last Test against England, will miss Kolkata Knight Riders’ (KKR) Champions League Twenty20 qualifying matches Sep 19 and 21.
Gambhir, who is the KKR captain, however, is likely to participate in the league phase. In his absence, South Africa’s Jacques Kallis will lead the side.
Gambhir had fallen on his head while running backwards to take a catch of Kevin Pietersen at mid-on on the second day of the last cricket Test at the Oval. He suffered a concussion and has been complaining of blurred vision.
“Gautam has been consulting a leading neurologist in New Delhi since returning from England. While the doctor has been happy with the progress Gautam has made, he has been advised to start physical training gradually to attain match fitness,” a KKR release said.
“His view is that September 19th is too early for him to effect a full recovery. However, subject to KKR qualifying for the league phase of CLT20 and Gautam attaining full fitness, he will likely participate in the league phase.”
KKR CEO, Venky Mysore, said the decision to play is Gambhir’s and his doctor’s and hoped he would make a quick return to the game.
- CLT20 qualifying round begins Monday - Sep 18, 2011
- Gambhir back, KKR to bat against Somerset - Sep 25, 2011
- Jadeja to replace Gambhir for ODIs in England - Aug 31, 2011
- Knight Riders defeat Challengers in must win game - Sep 30, 2011
- Gambhir likely to be ruled out from ODI series - Aug 29, 2011
- Gambhir won't be forced to play in Champions League: SRK - Sep 09, 2011
- Gambhir named Kolkata Knight Riders captain - Mar 08, 2011
- Gautam Gambhir yet to recover from concussion - Aug 26, 2011
- Final squads of 11 teams for Champions League named - Aug 22, 2011
- KKR deserving champions: Ganguly - May 28, 2012
- KKR goes all out to engage fans - Apr 03, 2012
- Gambhir powers KKR to an imposing total (Lead) - Apr 28, 2012
- Van der Merwe stars in Somerset's win over Knight Riders - Sep 26, 2011
- IPL: Knight Riders trample Royal Challengers (Lead) - Apr 10, 2012
- BCCI should rotate players to cut injuries: Akram - Aug 31, 2011
Tags: absence, blurred vision, ceo, champions league, concussion, cricket test, gautam gambhir, jacques kallis, kevin pietersen, kkr, knight riders, last test, league phase, match, mysore, neurologist, New Delhi, september 19th, south africa, venky