GAIL, Bharat Petroleum sign accordJuly 24th, 2008 - 10:00 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 24 (IANS) Gas Authority of India Ltd (GAIL) and Bharat Petroleum Corp Ltd (BPCL) could set up a joint venture for city gas distribution, said GAIL managing director U.D. Choubey Thursday. He made this suggestion at the signing ceremony of a memorandum of understanding between GAIL and BPCL for cooperation in a number of sectors, such as exploration and production, gas transmission and distribution, use and marketing of naptha.
According to GAIL release, both companies have also agreed to cooperate in sourcing natural gas and liquefied natural gas from overseas.
A joint working group will examine the opportunities, which will put up proposals to a steering committee, made up of representative from both companies. The specific recommendations of the steering committee would be implemented after approval by management of the two firms.
- LNG terminal capacity to be doubled at Kochi: Petroleum Secretary - Nov 22, 2010
- Petronet's Kochi LNG terminal to start in two months - Aug 23, 2012
- MCC-Murugappa Hockey: BPCL, Air India enter semis - Sep 14, 2012
- Gail, Tidco to set up a JV power plant in Tamil Nadu - May 11, 2012
- GAIL to form joint venture to supply gas to Karnataka - Jun 08, 2011
- Russia's Gazprom to supply LNG to India - Jul 21, 2011
- ONGC-led consortium to invest $3 billion in Venezuela - Jul 11, 2012
- Nod for Kolkata gas distribution MoU - Oct 20, 2011
- India, Angola agree for cooperation in hydrocarbon sector - Jan 27, 2010
- India, Angola to speed up petroleum sector cooperation - Oct 31, 2010
- India, Angola to sign deal on hydrocarbon sector - Jan 27, 2010
- BPCL partner finds gas in Mozambique - Feb 18, 2010
- Firms keen on JVs for oil, gas exploration in Africa: Reddy - Dec 09, 2011
- Petrol bunks go dry in three Tamil Nadu districts(Lead) - May 29, 2012
- India, Canada to fast-track nuclear deal - Sep 12, 2012