Gaddafi fled on golf cart through tunnel?August 26th, 2011 - 6:48 pm ICT by IANS
London, Aug 26 (IANS) Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi may have fled on a golf buggy through a network of tunnels under his palatial building in Tripoli, a media report said Friday.
The Libyan strongman’s secret maze, buried beneath his palace, was discovered as jubilant rebel fighters stormed into the capital, The Sun reported.
Rebels believe Gaddafi raced away through the underground tunnels just before they entered his sprawling compound.
One golf buggy was found smashed against a wall of the tunnel, which is believed to have secret exits all over Tripoli.
Gaddafi reportedly entered through a hatch, one of which was found by the rebels.
The concrete tunnels reportedly also housed an Olympic-sized swimming pool and a garage full of luxury cars.
- Gaddafi crosses Libya-Algeria border: Report - Aug 27, 2011
- Gaddafi's youngest son Khamis dies: Report - Aug 30, 2011
- Gaddafi wandered Tripoli streets in disguise - Aug 24, 2011
- US denies Gaddafi being in Niger - Sep 07, 2011
- Gaddafi's daughter gives birth to baby girl in Algeria - Aug 30, 2011
- Italy calls on Gaddafi to surrender - Aug 22, 2011
- Rebels tighten grip on Tripoli, capture Gaddafi's sons - Aug 22, 2011
- Muammar Gaddafi buried at secret location in desert - Oct 25, 2011
- Gaddafi's family not in Tunisia: Official - Aug 20, 2011
- Seven men found buried alive in Gadaffi's East Libya compound - Feb 28, 2011
- Gaddafi's elder son Mohammad escapes from rebels - Aug 23, 2011
- Militants escape from Libyan jails - Aug 26, 2011
- Gaddafi brutalizes rebel forces near Tripoli, claims control of town - Mar 05, 2011
- South African president arrives in Libya for peace talks - May 30, 2011
- Gaddafi says he is still in Libya - Sep 27, 2011