Frustrated Gul urges India to tour PakistanNovember 25th, 2008 - 3:24 pm ICT by IANS
Karachi, Nov 25 (IANS) Fast bowler Umar Gul has urged India to tour Pakistan, saying that the home series was very crucial for his team.”We are frustrated at being not able to play any Test matches this year,” said the key Pakistani pacer.
Pakistan could not play a single Test in 2008 following the refusal of Australia to tour the country in March-April this year because of security concerns.
There are indications that India might also decide to stay away from Pakistan, but Gul said he expects Mahendra Singh Dhoni’s team will come for the Jan-Feb series that includes three Tests, five One-day Internationals and a Twenty20 International.
“India had recently beaten Australia and is also playing well in the ongoing series against England,” Gul said Tuesday.
“India’s on a high and a good time for Dhoni and his men to come to Pakistan and play in a series that is being eagerly awaited by millions of fans on both sides of the border.”
Gul said that Pakistan will be ready for India provided all its key bowlers are fully fit for the series. “Pakistan-India matches are always competitive and I am sure that it is going to be a great series.”
Gul said India came here for the Asia Cup this summer when the security situation was even worse. “Things are better now than they were six months ago and I am sure the series will take place smoothly.”
- Our plans for Indians didn't work in World Cup semifinal clash: Umar Gul - Apr 15, 2011
- Dhoni exhorts his team to play consistent cricket - Dec 25, 2010
- Cook rubbishes Gul's ball-tampering charge against Anderson, Broad - Oct 03, 2011
- Gul will return with bang in Pakistan's Test series against Windies: Intikhab - Apr 10, 2011
- Gul's absence in Pak team will not be felt: Cheema - Apr 06, 2011
- Injured Gul doubtful for fourth Test against England - Aug 25, 2010
- Sehwag will inject some life in Indian team: Akram - Jan 23, 2012
- Pakistan drop Riaz over spot-fixing links - Nov 21, 2011
- Waqar says fully fit pace attack critical for Test series against England and Australia - May 13, 2010
- Afridi hints at including an extra spinner in Pakistan team - Feb 14, 2011
- Pak team certainly needs batting coach to overcome their problems: Akram - Apr 12, 2011
- Umar Gul hopes Pak will whitewash Test series against New Zealand - Jan 14, 2011
- Younis ignored for Pak teams for England tour - Jun 21, 2010
- India wins toss, elects to bat first against Pak in Mohali encounter - Mar 30, 2011
- History beckons India, Sri Lanka at Wankhede (Preview) - Apr 01, 2011