Friend murdered Delhi engineer for ransom, buried body (Lead)April 6th, 2012 - 5:27 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 6 (IANS) The body of a young engineer was found in Delhi Friday, three days after he went missing, police said adding that one of his friends had masterminded the kidnap-cum-murder for a ransom of Rs.1 crore.
“Engineer Johny Gupta, around 24 years of age and resident of Paschim Vihar, was found murdered in Nangloi early Friday,” said police. This was the second case of kidnapping and murder for ransom involving a friend that took place in Delhi within a fortnight.
The victim’s friend, along with two accomplices, was arrested Thursday night, police said. Gupta’s body was found after the accused were interrogated.
“Anoop, friend of the deceased, was arrested after tracing the call details of Gupta. He is the mastermind of the case,” Joint Commissioner of Special Cell R.S. Krishnaiah said.
Police said Gupta was kidnapped from the Keshavpuram Industrial Area Tuesday evening where he had gone to meet a friend.
After he was kidnapped, Gupta was taken to a semi-constructed warehouse of one of the accused. Gupta was killed when he tried to flee, said a senior police official.
The body was found wrapped in polythene and buried in Nangloi. The accused had even used salt to hasten the decomposition of the body, police said.
Police added that the accused had got information that Gupta’s father had come into a large amount of money, prompting them to ask for a ransom of Rs.1 crore.
Investigations are on and police are waiting for the post-mortem report to ascertain the exact cause of death.
Barely 15 days ago, a teenaged boy was kidnapped and murdered. Ashish Kumar Garg, the son of a Dwarka-based businessman, went missing March 21 and later his body was found. Police said he too was killed by his friends for ransom.
- Delhi engineer was murdered for ransom, body found - Apr 06, 2012
- Delhi engineer murdered by friend for ransom (Second Lead) - Apr 06, 2012
- Gujarat man kills son, held - Oct 18, 2010
- Two held for kidnapping, killing lawyer's son - Nov 26, 2011
- Man kills friend to avoid repaying loan - Jan 25, 2011
- Five held for kidnapping, killing two boys - Oct 27, 2010
- Four accused in Adnan Patrawala murder acquitted - Jan 30, 2012
- Three held for murdering 14-year-old boy - Jan 01, 2011
- Man held for killing minor in Delhi - Jun 24, 2012
- Kidnapped Andhra schoolboy found murdered - Apr 20, 2012
- Four accused in Adnan Patrawala murder walk out of jail - Jan 31, 2012
- Kidnapped Delhi toddler rescued, four arrested (Lead) - Apr 27, 2011
- Four accused in Adnan Patrawala murder acquitted (Lead) - Jan 30, 2012
- Minor helps Delhi Police to solve murder mystery - Jul 26, 2012
- Teenager kidnapped, killed for Rs.50,000 - Apr 01, 2012
Tags: 24 years, accomplices, amount of money, businessman, cause of death, deceased, decomposition, exact cause, fortnight, gupta, march 21, mastermind, police official, polythene, post mortem report, ransom, rs 1, teenaged boy, thursday night, tuesday evening