Fresh Summons issued against HeadleyMay 31st, 2012 - 11:01 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 31 (IANS) A Delhi court has again asked the National Investigation Agency (NIA) to present on Aug 6 LeT terrorist David Coleman Headley, jailed in the US for his role in the 2008 Mumbai attack.
It also issued fresh non-bailable warrants against Al Qaeda operative Illyas Kashmiri and four others, including two Inter- Service Intelligence (ISI) agents, sources said.
Issuing fresh summons, the court asked the NIA to bring before it Laskar-e-Taiba (LeT) terrorist Headley who is in a US jail, on Aug 6. It had issued similar summons on March 13.
District Judge H.S. Sharma issued warrants against Kashmiri, Headley’s handler Sajid Majid, Lashkar commander Abdul Rehman Hashmi and Major Iqbal and Major Samir, the two believed to be working for the Pakistani spy agency Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI).
The court listed the matter for Aug 6 in an in-camera proceeding.
The court Feb 18 accepted charges against Headley and eight other Pakistanis, including Pakistani-Canadian Tahawwur Hussain Rana, for the Nov 26-29, 2008 attack that left 166 people dead.
Those named in the charge sheet filed by the NIA earlier included Lashkar founder Hafiz Saeed.
The NIA, probing the Lashkar-ISI conspiracy behind the Mumbai attack, registered its first information report (FIR) Nov 11, 2009 after the US authorities at the Chicago airport caught Headley.
Indo-Asian News Service
- Court asks NIA to present Headley May 31 (Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
- Court accepts 26/11 charges against Headley, 8 Pakistanis (Lead) - Feb 18, 2012
- 26/11: NIA files charges against Headley, eight others (Lead) - Dec 24, 2011
- India to seek extradition of 26/11 accused from US, Pakistan - Jan 30, 2012
- Home ministry gives nod to charges against Headley (Lead) - Dec 21, 2011
- NIA files charges against Headley, eight others - Dec 24, 2011
- NIA charges against Headley, Pakistani terrorists soon - Dec 05, 2011
- Red corner against 2 Pakistani armymen in 26/11 case - Oct 07, 2010
- India may implead in US court to establish ISI's terror link - May 29, 2011
- Pakistan unaware of Interpol notice against its citizens - Oct 08, 2010
- Reset Pakistan policy to check terror syndicate: Former CIA analyst - Dec 28, 2011
- Pakistan's ISI helped terror group: Headley - May 24, 2011
- 26/11: Sleuths want to probe role of Headley's wife - Jan 22, 2012
- Pakistan denies ISI role in Mumbai attack - May 24, 2011
- 'Jindal got regular information about Mumbai from Headley' - Jul 05, 2012
Tags: akk, asian news, chicago airport, david coleman, delhi court, district judge, hafiz, illyas, information report, inter service intelligence, inter services, investigation agency, iqbal, isi agents, kashmiri, national investigation, pakistanis, qaeda operative, saz, spy agency