Fresh firing at Taj hotel, Nariman HouseNovember 28th, 2008 - 1:46 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Nov 28 (IANS) As security agencies went in for the final kill, there was fresh firing Friday morning between terrorists and commandos of India’s elite National Security Guard (NSG) at the Taj Mahal Palace and Hotel Tower and at Nariman House.At least seven-eight rounds of fire were exchanged between security agencies and the terrorists, suspected to be hiding on the ground floor of the Taj hotel. The firing begin at 11.40 p.m.
Television reporters and crew, who were barely 100 metres from the hotel building, dove for cover. Security agencies fear that the terrorists might still have one or two people in their custody.
There was similar exchange of fire at the five-storey Nariman House in Colaba where security forces have begun their final assault. Terrorists continue to hold an unspecified number of people hostage.
- Security high in sea, air, land for Mumbai grand finale - Mar 31, 2011
- Explosions rock terrorist-held building as commandos move in (Lead) - Nov 28, 2008
- High drama on final day of siege at Nariman House - Nov 29, 2008
- Ten terrorists who held Mumbai to ransom - Aug 29, 2012
- Indian commandos airdropped over terrorist-held building (Lead) - Nov 28, 2008
- Chidambaram to pay homage to Mumbai terror attack victims - Nov 25, 2010
- New weapons, better preparedness since 26/11: NSG chief (One Year after 26/11) - Nov 13, 2009
- Terror denouement begins as Oberoi cleared, Pranab points to Pakistan (Afternoon Lead) - Nov 28, 2008
- Mumbai hostage crisis heads for dramatic finish; commandos airdropped (Second Lead) - Nov 28, 2008
- Siege at Jewish centre ends, two terrorists killed (Third Lead) - Nov 29, 2008
- Commandoes in 'top-down' operation to storm terrorist-held building - Nov 28, 2008
- High court to decide on Kasab death sentence Feb 21 (Second Lead) - Feb 07, 2011
- All terrorists in Mumbai attack identified - Dec 09, 2008
- Injured commandos just happy to be alive after Mumbai terror strikes - Dec 01, 2008
- Eight foreigners killed in Mumbai terror attack: official (Lead) - Nov 28, 2008