Fresh chargesheet filed against Maoist Kobad GhandyMarch 23rd, 2012 - 9:11 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 23 (IANS) Police Friday filed fresh sets of charges in a Delhi court against top Maoist leader Kobad Ghandy, allegedly involved in setting up a new network of the banned outfit Communist Party of India (Maoist) in Delhi.
The Delhi police, in its fresh chargesheet filed in the court of Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Vinod Yadav, has placed fresh sanction to prosecute Ghandy under sections of the Unlawful Activities Prevention (UAP) Act.
The chargesheet contained the order of additional secretary (Home) against Ghandy and his co-accused Arvind Joshi.
Police has alleged that Ghandy, an alumnus of the prestigious Doon School, along with his associates, was trying to build a Maoist cell in the national capital.
Ghandy was arrested in south Delhi Sep 20, 2009 while undergoing treatment for cancer.
- Maoist Kobad Ghandy to stand trial for cheating (Lead) - Mar 28, 2012
- Maoist Kobad Ghandy to stand trial for cheating (Second Lead) - Mar 28, 2012
- Court to decide on terror charges against Ghandy April 30 - Apr 24, 2012
- Terror charge plea against Ghandy to come up April 9 - Mar 31, 2012
- Court accepts terror charges against Kobad Ghandy (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Fresh plea to prosecute Ghandy under terror charges - Mar 30, 2012
- Kobad Ghandy to face trial under terror charges (Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- Court allows Ghandy to compare two charge sheets - May 15, 2012
- Dropping terror charges against Ghandy hailed - Mar 28, 2012
- Court sends Kobad Ghandy aide to police custody - Mar 19, 2010
- Delhi University lecturer quizzed on Maoist links - Apr 04, 2010
- Judicial custody of Kobad Ghandy's aide extended - May 11, 2010
- Ghandy met Prachanda, knew of Induwar's killing: Police (Second Lead) - Feb 19, 2010
- Delhi Police files chargesheet against Kobad Ghandy - Feb 19, 2010
- Chargesheet filed against Kobad Ghandy - Feb 19, 2010
Tags: alumnus, arvind, cancer, communist party of india, delhi court, delhi police, doon school, ghandy, joshi, magistrate, maoist, New Delhi, prevention, sanction, south delhi, uap, undergoing treatment, yadav