French woman held for stealing handbagAugust 22nd, 2012 - 9:55 pm ICT by IANS
Singapore, Aug 22 (IANS) A French woman was Wednesday charged with stealing a handbag worth around $26,000 at a casino resort in Singapore, Xinhua reported.
Olivia Lemercier Maurice, 42, will plead guilty to one count of theft. She allegedly stole a Ralph Lauren handbag from a shop at Marina Bay Sands July 30.
Remanded in prison since her arrest, the woman surrendered her passport, which was later released on a bail of $8,000. If convicted, she faces a jail term of up to three years.
Maurice, who is married with children, was on a tour of Singapore with her husband when the incident happened.
- Singapore may beat Las Vegas as gaming destination - May 03, 2012
- Woman taken to court for stealing a pumpkin - Feb 20, 2012
- BJP MP's daughter's bag with Rs.1.5 lakh stolen from fair - Oct 03, 2011
- Phoenix woman pleads guilty for theft of Veteran benefits - Feb 27, 2010
- British woman convicted for 229th time - Jun 28, 2011
- LiLo should be charged with 'petty theft and not grand theft': Lawyer - Feb 14, 2011
- Man armed with syringe robs woman - Oct 08, 2010
- Jersey Shore's star Angelina engagement is not a hoax - Feb 23, 2011
- A.R. Rehman Is All Set To Create Magic - Jan 22, 2011
- Woman plots 40 car thefts -- for fun - Dec 25, 2010
- Jailed boxing champion spends Christmas with family - Dec 28, 2011
- Zee Cine Awards 2011: Popular B-Town Stars All Set To Rock The Event - Jan 11, 2011
- Woman steals flowers from schoolboy's grave, sparks outrage - Dec 07, 2011
- Law executive jailed for stealing half-million pounds - Jan 28, 2012
- Judge warns Lindsay Lohan: 'Don't push your luck' - Feb 10, 2011