French embassy yet to claim body of accident victimAugust 13th, 2008 - 2:53 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, Aug 13 (IANS) The body of a Frenchwoman who died in an accident in Himachal Pradesh has not been claimed by the embassy yet, the police said here Wednesday. Fraisse Stephanie, 32, died Monday when she accidentally slipped into the Beas river in the popular tourist resort Manali, some 300 km from the state capital here.
The body has been lying in the mortuary at the civil hospital in district headquarter Kullu since Monday, superintendent of police Jagat Ram told IANS.
He said the French Embassy in New Delhi had been informed about the incident.
- Beware of fatal fall in Himachal rivers - Jun 02, 2011
- It will be a wet Himachal this weekend - Aug 13, 2011
- Incessant rains in Himachal, rivers in spate - Aug 21, 2012
- Himachal may see heavy rains, rivers in spate - Aug 19, 2012
- Himachal gets season's first snow amid rains (Lead) - Aug 13, 2011
- Himachal likely to get 50,000 weekend tourists - Aug 09, 2012
- Mercury up in Himachal, more snow in store - Jan 22, 2012
- Heavy snow in Himachal, tourists stuck (Lead) - Jan 09, 2012
- Heavy rains in Himachal, more in store - Sep 18, 2012
- Himachal in line for more snow (Lead) - Jan 10, 2012
- Manali wrapped in white again - Jan 05, 2012
- Snow, rain continue in Himachal - Feb 14, 2012
- Manali cloudburst toll rises to four (Lead) - Jul 22, 2011
- More snow, Shimla records season's lowest temperature - Jan 09, 2012
- Heavy rain predicted in Himachal, rivers in spate - Aug 07, 2010