French delegation meets Delhi lt-governorJanuary 28th, 2009 - 11:39 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 28 (IANS) A nine-member French delegation on a visit to India to study the Indian administrative system Wednesday met Delhi’s Lt-Governor Tejendra Khanna at the Raj Niwas here. Secretary General of the Ministry of Home Affairs Bernadette Malgorn is leading the delegation that is on a visit to a number of countries to study the system of governance as part of a initiative taken by the French government.
Welcoming the delegation, Khanna recalled the strong bonds of friendship India has with France and the constant support India has given to France in all international forays.
According to an official statement, “Malgorn informed that the delegation had selected India as the first country for the visit as there were similarities between the Indian and French administrative systems.”
Delhi Police made a short presentation on the national capital’s law and order set-up and various aspects of policing. It was followed by a brief discussion.
“Malgorn appreciated the detailed planning and arrangements made by the Delhi government in connection with the Republic Day parade,” the statement said.
The lt-governor also thanked the French government for facilitating the visit of two senior police officers to Paris recently to study the anti-terrorist measures being taken by their counterparts in Paris.
- Delhi Lt. Governor's wife dead - Dec 12, 2010
- DDA, Spanish group to cooperate in urban planning - Oct 26, 2010
- Delhi Governor expresses hope in MCD trifurcation - Jan 09, 2012
- Metro Phase III gets approval - Aug 10, 2011
- Puducherry Ll.governor denies he got summons from ED - Apr 16, 2011
- Delhi MPs to meet Lt Governor on house tax issue - Jan 15, 2011
- Lt-governor asks Delhi Police to be people friendly - Feb 16, 2010
- BJP legislators removed from Delhi house, leaders walk out - Mar 24, 2011
- Lt governor suggests installing solar powered traffic signals - Aug 25, 2009
- Green building may get incentives: Delhi Lt Governor - Oct 21, 2011
- 70 percent east Delhi buildings prone to quake-damage - Apr 12, 2012
- No constitutional breakdown in Delhi, asserts Dikshit - Nov 26, 2010
- Delhi Book Fair to begin Sep 1 - Aug 30, 2012
- Chidambaram pays surprise visit to Delhi Police headquarters - Sep 29, 2010
- Vice President takes ride on Metro - Dec 03, 2011