Freed Rajesh Talwar received with hugs, tears by family (Lead)July 12th, 2008 - 11:21 am ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, July 12 (IANS) Rajesh Talwar, given a clean chit in the murders of his teenage daughter Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj, hugged his wife Nupur Talwar with tears in his eyes as he was released from Dasna Jail here Saturday. Rajesh Talwar, wearing a white T-shirt and trouser, walked out of jail after 51 days of imprisonment.
The dentist’s visibly relieved relatives, who had been waiting outside the jail, embraced him and whisked him to a car even as hundreds of media persons surrounded them. The policemen were unable to control the mob of journalists.
Rajesh’s brother Dinesh Talwar told reporters: “Please give us some time. Rajesh has just come out of jail. He is very depressed. We need your cooperation.”
Fourteen-year-old Aarushi was found dead May 16 in the Talwar’s Noida home. The police initially named the Talwars’ domestic help Hemraj as the prime suspect, but had to retract after his body was found the next day on the terrace of the house. Rajesh Talwar was arrested May 23 and police said he killed his daughter in a fit of rage as he objected to her alleged closeness with Hemraj.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Friday cleared Rajesh Talwar of all charges and named his compounder Krishna and Rajkumar, the servant of close family friends Durranis, as those behind the murders.
The CBI said Krishna was the prime accused as he harboured ill-feelings towards the family after being scolded by Rajesh Talwar in public. The agency also said that it has been unable to get any evidence against the Talwars in connection with the murders.
Special Magistrate Sapna Mishra Tripathi Friday discharged Rajesh Talwar after the CBI moved an application under section 169 (release of accused when evidence is insufficient) of the Criminal Procedure Code (CrPC). The court set Rajesh Talwar free after he furnished a personal bond and two sureties of Rs.500,000 each.
- Rajesh Talwar advanced Haridwar visit: Witness - Sep 05, 2012
- High court rejects Nupur Talwar's bail plea (Lead) - May 31, 2012
- Court reserves order on Nupur Talwar's bail - May 01, 2012
- Another night in jail for Nupur Talwar, bail decision Wednesday (Second Lead) - May 01, 2012
- Nupur Talwar moves apex court for bail (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- SC notice to CBI on Nupur Talwar's bail plea (Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- Gate of Talwars' flat was locked from outside: Maid - Sep 03, 2012
- Another night in jail for Nupur Talwar, bail order Wednesday (Lead) - May 01, 2012
- In courts on daughter's fourth death anniversary - May 16, 2012
- Timeline of Aarushi Talwar-Hemraj killings (To go with 'Four years of a whodunit') - May 14, 2012
- Aarushi murder: Witness talks of golf clubs used in crime - Sep 18, 2012
- Nupur Talwar jailed, bail hearing resumes Tuesday (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Examine Aarushi murder witnesses by Sep 17, SC tells CBI - Aug 13, 2012
- Hearing in Nupur Talwar's trial May 9 - May 03, 2012
- CBI opposes Nupur Talwar's bail plea - Aug 09, 2012