Free medical aid for domestic violence victims in Madhya PradeshJune 3rd, 2009 - 12:28 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, June 3 (IANS) The Madhya Pradesh government has decided to provide free medical treatment to victims of domestic violence under the Usha Kiran scheme, an official said Wednesday.
“Victims of domestic violence will be provided free medical treatment at government-run hospitals and health centres. The government has issued the directive under the Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act, 2005,” said an official of the Woman and Child Development Department.
“The deans of medical colleges, chief medical and health officers and civil surgeons have been directed to ensure that the facility is provided to all women in need,” he added.
The Usha Kiran scheme was launched in the state in March 2008 to help violence-affected women.
Under the scheme, arrangements were made for extending immediate help to the victim and redressal of her problems.
“Victimised women are given temporary shelter, legal aid, medical treatment, police help, 24 hours help line, necessary training, rehabilitation and information,” the official said.
- Free health screening for school children Nov 14 - Oct 28, 2011
- Rural Haryana women to help check crimes against peers - Jul 21, 2010
- Bihar to give Rs 50,000 for encephalitis victims - Jun 13, 2012
- Andhra Chief Minister Kiran Kumar assumes office - Dec 01, 2010
- Health check-ups, legal aid pffered for women in Delhi - Jul 23, 2011
- New programme for pregnant women to be launched - May 27, 2011
- Haryana sets up board to help rape victims - Feb 28, 2012
- Rajasthan to distribute 200 new drugs free - Jun 29, 2012
- Tripura to launch 24X7 ambulance service - Jul 28, 2012
- Chidambaram to visit Assam Monday - Jul 29, 2012
- Bengal government orders inquiry into crib deaths - May 24, 2012
- Delhi doctors trained to deal with domestic violence victims - Jul 22, 2010
- Acid attack victims to get help in Haryana - Feb 22, 2012
- Draw up workable scheme for free treatment to poor patients: Apex court - Aug 25, 2011
- Assam to give children with leukaemia free treatment - Jun 02, 2012