Fraud accused Bindra discharged from hospitalMay 24th, 2009 - 12:28 am ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, May 23 (IANS) Olympic gold medallist Abhinav Bindra’s businessman father A.S. Bindra, who was hospitalised when he complained of chest pain after being arrested last week for an alleged multi-million rupee fraud, was discharged from a hospital here Saturday evening.
The senior Bindra, accused of committing an over Rs. 90 million fraud, was granted interim bail by a Delhi court Friday after furnishing a personal bond of Rs.500,000 and two sureties of like amount.
He complained of chest paina and was admitted to the Government Medical College and Hospital (GMCH) here May 14, immediately after his arrest by a special team of the Economics Offence Wing (EOW) of the Delhi Police.
Doctors referred him to the Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) May 16.
PGIMER spokesperson Manju Wadwalker said after studying Bindra’s medical reports, doctors decided to discharge him.
Bindra is accused of cheating Apple Finance of Rs.43.1 million and IndusInd Bank of Rs.50 million. He is said to have obtained loans on the basis of forged documents and had issued post-dated cheques that bounced.
Police said Bindra had taken the loans for his company Punjab Meats Ltd. He has also been accused of having sold the land that had been mortgaged to the bank as collateral.
- Local court rejects Bindra's transit bail plea - May 19, 2009
- Olympic gold medallist's father questioned over alleged fraud - Jun 03, 2009
- Delhi police awaits medical clearance to bring Bindra's father - May 18, 2009
- Have strong case against Abhinav Bindra's father for fraud: police (Lead) - May 15, 2009
- Abhinav Bindra's father to be produced in Delhi court Sunday (Third Lead) - May 16, 2009
- Strong case against Abhinav Bindra's dad: Police (Second Lead) - May 15, 2009
- Abhinav Bindra's arrested father remains hospitalised - May 15, 2009
- Insurance regulator slaps Rs.1.5 million fine on IndusInd Bank - Jul 06, 2012
- Shooter Bindra's millionaire father arrested for fraud - May 15, 2009
- IndusInd Bank Q2 profit rises 71 percent - Oct 11, 2010
- IndusInd Bank quarterly net profit rises 30.5 percent - Apr 19, 2012
- Kerala assembly censures banks for denying education loans - Jun 22, 2012
- Actor Dharmendra admitted to hospital, discharged (Lead) - Mar 17, 2010
- Bindra's father asked to pay Rs.27.25 crore dues - Aug 29, 2010
- Actor Dharmendra admitted to hospital after chest pain - Mar 17, 2010