France expresses solidarity with India over Kabul terrorFebruary 27th, 2010 - 1:01 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 26 (IANS) France Friday expressed solidarity with India in the wake of the terror attack in Kabul in which 9 Indians were killed and conveyed its condolences to the families of the victims.
“The government of France assures the Prime Minister of India, Dr Manmohan Singh, of its complete solidarity with India and reaffirms its common determination with New Delhi to fight terrorism relentlessly,” the French embassy said here in a statement.
“Against the backdrop of the Mumbai and the more recent Pune attacks, France once again wishes to share in the grief of India, in losing its citizens to such dastardly acts of terror,” the statement said.
“France expresses its heartfelt condolences to the families of Indians, who were killed in the terror attack in Kabul as also to the people and the government of India,” the French embassy said.
Nine Indians were among at least 17 killed in a wave of suicide bombings in central Kabul Friday morning. This was the third major terror attack targeting Indians in the past 20 months.
- Gurdwara shooting: Obama calls Manmohan; conveys people's solidarity - Aug 09, 2012
- Delhi blast a heinous attack: Sarkozy - Sep 07, 2011
- Four Indians among 6 killed in gurdwara shooting - Aug 07, 2012
- PM expresses shock over US gurudwara killing - Aug 06, 2012
- Mumbai blasts: Israel says resilience will prevail - Jul 14, 2011
- Mumbai terror: World leaders rally in solidarity (Roundup) - Jul 14, 2011
- Delhi blast: World rallies to India's support (Roundup) - Sep 07, 2011
- India offers help to tsunami-hit Japan (Second Lead) - Mar 11, 2011
- India reaches out to families hit by US gurdwara shooting - Aug 07, 2012
- Khurshid represents India at prayers for Rabbani - Sep 24, 2011
- France condemns attack on Indian embassy in Kabul - Oct 08, 2009
- UNSC condemns Delhi attack; vows to combat terror - Sep 08, 2011
- Tibetans are close to Norwegians: Dalai Lama - Jul 24, 2011
- UN Security Council condemns Iraq terror attacks - Sep 12, 2012
- US assures India of full probe into gurdwara shooting - Aug 06, 2012
Tags: acts, backdrop, citizens, dr manmohan singh, french embassy, friday morning, government of france, government of india, grief, heartfelt condolences, indians, kabul, manmohan, manmohan singh, mumbai, New Delhi, prime minister of india, solidarity, suicide bombings, terror attack