Framing of issues in Fernandes’ custody battle Sep 23August 16th, 2010 - 10:12 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 16 (IANS) The Delhi High Court Monday fixed Sep 23 for framing of issues on the custody battle going on between the brothers of the former defence minister George Fernandes and his wife Leila Kabir Fernandes.
Fernandes’ brothers, Richard and Michael, Monday argued before the court that Fernades should be treated by the same doctors of the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) where he had undergone treatment before. But his wife objected, saying that he was undergoing better treatment at Max Hospital.
Hearing the submissions, Justice V.K. Shali fixed Sep 23 for the framing of issues. Earlier the court July 5 had said that there was no need for the ailing leader to change his place of residence and permitted his wife to take care of him.
The court passed this direction after having one-on-one discussion with Fernandes.
Fernandes’ brothers demanded custody of their brother alleging that his wife was not treating him properly.
- George Fernandes' custody battle: Court lists issues involved - Sep 23, 2010
- George Fernandes to stay with wife, says Delhi High Court - Jul 05, 2010
- Judge talks one-on-one with George Fernandes over custody battle - Jul 05, 2010
- Fernandes to stay with wife: Court - Jul 05, 2010
- Present Fernandes before us, court tells his wife - Jul 01, 2010
- Court seeks George Fernandes' presence on Monday (LEAD) - Jul 01, 2010
- Court bars Fernandes wife, son from flying him to US - Mar 16, 2010
- Court asks Fernandes' wife, brothers to settle differences - May 19, 2010
- SC notice to Leila Kabir on George Fernandes visiting rights - Jul 20, 2012
- Fernandes' wife, brother tell court no settlement possible - May 20, 2010
- SC notice to Fernandes' wife on plea for visiting rights (Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- George Fernandes' brothers plead for early hearing - Jun 09, 2010
- Manu Sharma's parole plea decision Nov 16 (Lead) - Nov 14, 2011
- Jaya Jaitley refused visiting rights to meet George Fernandes - Apr 16, 2012
- Nitish Katara murder: Vishal to pay Rs.16 lakh for security - Mar 16, 2012
Tags: aiims, all india institute of medical sciences, brother, custody battle, defence minister george, delhi high court, doctors, george fernandes, india institute, kabir, leila, New Delhi, submissions