‘Frame scheme for displaced Kashmiri bureaucrats’June 1st, 2012 - 10:43 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 1 (IANS) The Delhi High Court Friday asked the central government to frame a rehabilitation scheme for displaced retired Kashmiri bureaucrats here, and quashed the eviction notices issued against them for overstaying in government accommodation on the ground that they lost their properties in Kashmir due to militancy.
A division bench of acting Chief Justice A.K. Sikri and Justice Rajiv Sahai Endlaw, however, said the government would be free to frame the rehabilitation scheme for such employees, and it could specify the terms and conditions on which they would be entitled to alternate residence.
The court dismissed the appeal filed by the government challenging the single-judge bench’s December 2010 order directing it to make all endeavours to adequately, effectively and reasonably rehabilitate and re-settle the retired Kashmiri employees.
“We do not find any fault with the direction given by the single judge in the judgement. However, we make it clear that these directions are given keeping in view the salient and peculiar facts of these cases pertaining to right to shelter,” the court said.
“It would also be open to the government to specify the nature of accommodation to which such retired government servants would be entitled to the place where they will be rehabilitated which may not necessarily be in Delhi but can be in NCR (the national capital region),” the court said.
The court also said: “After the scheme is framed, the cases of respondents can be scrutinised in terms of scheme and those families not eligible can be ousted from the present accommodations.”
- Kalmadi's plea to attend parliament dismissed (Lead) - Aug 30, 2011
- Government asked to finalise policy on ex-judges' advice - Feb 29, 2012
- Court to hear Tuesday Kalmadi plea to attend parliament - Aug 29, 2011
- DGCA challenges Delhi HC order in Global Vectra case - Sep 19, 2012
- Court stays order to make president's donations public - Jul 13, 2012
- Ban uninsured vehicles, court urged - Sep 12, 2012
- Tiwari must give blood sample for DNA test, rules court (Lead) - Apr 27, 2012
- Court upholds CBSE abolition of Class 10 exams - Sep 01, 2011
- SC slams poor facilities for green tribunal - Sep 19, 2012
- Court orders promotional avenues for Tihar jail officer - Nov 17, 2011
- High court gives nod for Delhi gurdwara polls - Mar 01, 2012
- Court notice to Delhi over right to education (Lead) - Oct 19, 2011
- Court permits opening of Tiwari's DNA report - Jul 27, 2012
- Frame right to education rules, Delhi government told (Lead) - Nov 09, 2011
- Tiwari moves court to keep his DNA test report confidential - Jul 26, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,