Four-year-old student mauled by stray dogJanuary 26th, 2012 - 10:03 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, Jan 26 (IANS) A four-year-old student was badly injured Thursday when he was attacked and mauled by a stray dog while going to his school for Republic Day celebrations, police said. His condition was said to be critical.
According to police, Munosh, a class 1 student of a local public school in Murad Nagar, was walking to school with his siblings, Muskaan, 6 and Moin, 8, studying in the same school, when the incident occurred.
“Around 9.45 am, as he was about to reach the school, a stray dog pounced upon Munosh and bit his face. Within seconds, it mauled his entire face. After attacking him, the dog attacked his siblings too but they managed to escape,” a Murad Nagar police official said.
“Munosh could not run away and collapsed on the ground. On seeing him, the locals, armed with sticks, arrived at the spot and rescued Munosh. They rushed him to the district hospital in a badly injured state from where he was referred to a hospital in Delhi,” the official said.
- Dogs kill Pakistani girl - Nov 28, 2010
- Leopard strays into heart of Guwahati, mauls three people - Jan 07, 2012
- Dogs maul girl to death in Haryana - Apr 27, 2012
- Leopard mauls 11 people, killed by villagers - Mar 25, 2011
- Hundred dog bites a day and counting in Srinagar - Apr 11, 2012
- Lucknow's civic body gnashes teeth against stray dogs - Aug 26, 2010
- Leopard strays into Nashik colony, attacks three - Mar 26, 2012
- Family attacked for trying to save dogs - May 04, 2011
- Srinagar's 'dogged' problem giving nightmares - Feb 13, 2011
- Pedestrian stabbed for shouting at rash driver - Nov 26, 2011
- Tiger kills young man in Uttar Pradesh - Oct 04, 2010
- Two men killed by sons in Ghaziabad - Jun 23, 2011
- Girl seriously injured in wall collapse - Feb 05, 2011
- Savaged by dogs, Briton fights for life - May 21, 2012
- Attacked by dog, man jumps off 60 feet bridge - Aug 12, 2012