Four-year-old dies after falling into cooking utensilJuly 27th, 2011 - 1:44 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, July 27 (IANS) A four-year-old girl died after falling into a utensil in which a mid-day meal was being cooked in a school in Jharkhand, police said Wednesday.
The incident happened at Ursuline Middle School in Sundil village here, they said.
The girl, identified as Pushpa, fell into a utensil full of hot dal (pulses), a police officer said.
Geeta Khalko, a maid in the school, held the authorities responsible for her daughter’s death.
The cook was removed but the authorities insisted that it was an accident.
A nine-year-old girl had died in similar fashion in July 2009.
- Girl falls into cauldron, dies (Lead) - Jul 27, 2011
- 60 children fall ill after mid-day meal - Sep 14, 2011
- NHRC asks Bihar for report on students' thrashing - Jul 19, 2012
- 7-year-old dies after falling in hot midday meal bucket - Jul 22, 2009
- Girl falls into cauldron, dies (Lead) - Jul 22, 2009
- Empowering children to tackle their problems themselves - Nov 14, 2011
- Centralised kitchens in Pubjab for mid-day meals - Jul 10, 2011
- Teacher jailed for brutally caning student - Dec 31, 2010
- Injured Munda, jailed Koda vote in presidential poll - Jul 19, 2012
- Family alleges teen killed in Chhattisgarh staged shootout - Jul 12, 2011
- Goa to inspect kitchens after mid-day meal fiasco - Jun 17, 2011
- School girl shot dead by suitors in Jharkhand - Feb 24, 2012
- Even animals won't eat Mid-Day Meal in Goa: Parrikar - Jul 31, 2012
- Two burnt alive in Jharkhand - Nov 16, 2010
- Class 8 girl jumps to death in Ranchi, boy injured - Oct 13, 2011