Four women run over by train in HaryanaJune 7th, 2008 - 10:21 pm ICT by IANS
Hissar (Haryana), June 7 (IANS) Four women - three sisters and their mother - were run over by a local train in this Haryana town Saturday. The incident, eyewitnesses told the police, took place when the three sisters tried to save their mother whose foot got stuck in the rail track.
A fourth sister of the victims was rushed to the government hospital here in a critical condition.
All were hit by the Ludhiana-Hissar passenger train.
Police officials said the women were labourers who were working near the rail track.
- Derailment of freight train disrupts rail traffic in Ludhiana - Dec 08, 2010
- Army called as Jat agitators torch police station (Second Lead) - Mar 07, 2012
- Fog hits air traffic in Chandigarh - Jan 08, 2011
- Three women run over by train in Madhya Pradesh - Dec 28, 2009
- 12 run over by train in Chhattisgarh - Oct 23, 2011
- Chaos rules as Jats block Haryana roads, rail tracks (Lead) - Mar 07, 2012
- Haryana Jats call off agitation, to lift railway blockades - Mar 26, 2011
- Three run over by train, one loses legs - Feb 26, 2012
- Train derails in Germany, 50 hurt - Sep 21, 2011
- Beaten on train, French national dies in Haryana - May 03, 2012
- Three injured in explosions at rail tracks in three Pakistani cities - Feb 11, 2011
- Rail link partially restored, probe starts - Aug 01, 2011
- Born on train, girl is named Mamata Banerjee - Jan 10, 2011
- 10 killed as air ambulance crashes near Delhi (Fourth Lead) - May 26, 2011
- Jats seek written assurance on quota (Lead) - Mar 26, 2011