Four with fake visas held at Delhi airportAugust 17th, 2008 - 8:30 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 17 (IANS) Four people were arrested from the Indira Gandhi International Airport here when they were trying to flee to the United Arab Emirates (UAE) on fake visas, the police said Sunday. “All the four people have been caught while they were trying to flee to the UAE on fake visas. We detained them from the immigration counter late Saturday night and are interrogating them,” a senior Delhi Police official said.
Delhi Police also arrested the man who allegedly arranged for fake visas from his Chittaranjan Park residence.
“We have arrested Varnam Singh after the four people complained that he had got them these visas,” added the police official.
The official said when the police team went to arrest Singh, he tried to offer them a bribe of Rs.700,000.
From preliminary interrogation it was found that Singh issued at least 50 such fake visas earlier, the official said.
- Three arrested for human trafficking - Sep 16, 2011
- Two people held for running visa racket - Sep 24, 2010
- Immigration racket busted in Punjab, 1,200 passports recovered - Jun 21, 2011
- Two held for Uttar Pradesh cop's killing - Oct 27, 2011
- One more held in fake pilot licence scam - Apr 16, 2011
- Immigration racket busted, three held in Delhi - Oct 23, 2011
- Polish woman held with fake visa - Jan 09, 2012
- Fake visa racket busted in Delhi - May 09, 2009
- UAE keen to open consulate in Kerala - Jul 18, 2011
- A factory for fake visas in Bangladesh - Sep 23, 2011
- Two arrested for cheating - Nov 02, 2011
- Four held for sending Nepali women to Gulf on fake papers - Aug 29, 2012
- Delhi policemen arrested in UP for kidnapping engineer - Aug 08, 2012
- Four booked for immigration fraud - Jul 08, 2011
- Lookout notices issued for three fake pilots, instructor - Mar 28, 2011