Four vehicle thieves heldMay 13th, 2011 - 1:03 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 12 (IANS) Four youths including two students were arrested for allegedly stealing motor vehicles in south Delhi and eight motorcycles recovered from them, police said Thursday.
“The accused have been identified as Amar Singh, 20, Ashish Kumar, 20, Mahipal, 18, and Kamlesh, 22. While Ashish is a BBA student in Rajasthan, Mahipal is a second year student of B.Tech,” said a police officer.
“Acting on a tip off, we apprehended the accused near IIPM College in south Delhi Wednesday. We have recovered 8 motor cycles and spare parts of 10 motorcycles from them,” added the officer.
The accused are involved in 18 cases in the theft of motor vehicles.
The arrested youths revealed they used to dispose of stolen vehicles to two people in Rajasthan for sums depending upon the make and model of vehicles, the officer added.
- Vehicle thieves arrested - Dec 05, 2010
- Gang involved in stealing over 50 cars busted - Nov 25, 2010
- 13 held for vehicle thefts in Delhi - Jan 24, 2011
- Alert cops catch three auto-thieves - Jan 29, 2011
- Banned Manipuri outfit chief held for vehicle thefts in Delhi - Oct 23, 2011
- Four arrested for car thefts, carjackings - Jan 11, 2011
- Five youth held for vehicle thefts - Feb 02, 2011
- Observation home caretaker among five held for auto-theft - Nov 08, 2011
- 27 stolen vehicles recovered, four of a gang arrested - May 27, 2010
- Students held with stolen bike, mobiles - Apr 09, 2011
- Haryana police busts gang of highway robbers - May 05, 2012
- Two vehicle thieves held in Delhi - Mar 07, 2011
- Three arrested for stealing Delhi MP's car - Sep 23, 2010
- Two held for Uttar Pradesh cop's killing - Oct 27, 2011
- Man held for vehicle thefts - Feb 23, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,