Four undertrials escape from Gujarat jailMay 4th, 2008 - 3:51 pm ICT by admin
Jamnagar (Gujarat), May 4 (IANS) Four undertrials escaped from the Jamnagar district jail Sunday, police here said. Dileepbhai Maganbhai Gohil, jailor of the Jamnagar district jail, told police in a complaint that the jailbreak occurred before 2.30 a.m. The four men broke open the locks in Barrack No. 3 in jail yard No. 1 and then scaled the outer wall to escape prison.
The four undertrials were booked for robbery. They were identified as Naresh Devraj, his brother Vallabh Devraj, Ramesh Lalji Parmar and Mansukh Manjibhai Solanki.
The Devraj brothers are from Bhanvad taluka of Jamnagar district while Parmar is from Upleta taluka of Rajkot district. Solanki is from Kutiyana taluka of Porbandar district.
- BJP sweeps local bodies polls in Gujarat - Oct 23, 2010
- Gunfire in Meerut jail as cops, inmates clash, 11 hurt (Lead) - Apr 18, 2012
- Escaped criminal recaptured in Rajasthan - Aug 22, 2012
- 10 prisoners escape from Rajasthan jail - Aug 20, 2012
- BJP sweeps Gujarat local bodies elections (Lead) - Oct 23, 2010
- Jailbreak through toilet in Goa; three escape (Lead) - Aug 04, 2010
- BJP demands minister Pala's removal over jailbreak - Mar 02, 2010
- Shillong jailbreak probe won't be delayed, assures Sangma - Jun 02, 2010
- Escaped prisoner nabbed after three weeks - Jul 15, 2010
- New panel to probe Shillong jailbreak - Aug 20, 2010
- Congress in Gujarat: Lost in the shadows (Gujarat Newsletter) - Mar 24, 2011
- Maoists planned to replicate Jehanabad jailbreak in Jamui - Sep 16, 2010
- Six prisoners escape from Rajasthan jail - Nov 27, 2011
- Meerut jail-break: Prisons across Uttar Pradesh raided - Jul 21, 2010
- Two of 14 escaped prisoners nabbed - Dec 09, 2011