Four toll plaza attendants thrashed in GhaziabadSeptember 25th, 2011 - 12:02 am ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, Sep 24 (IANS) Barely a day after a toll plaza attendant was shot dead in Gurgaon, five armed men in a mini-truck refused to pay toll fee of Rs.150 at a toll collection centre here and thrashed four attendants, police said Saturday. The men also escaped with around Rs.40,000 in cash.
The incident occurred on National Highway-24 in Dasna Friday night.
According to the toll-in-charge N.D. Shukla, the five men came in a DCM Toyota mini-truck around 9.50 p.m. and tried to pass without paying the toll.
“When our guards did not allow the truck to pass, the five men, armed with firearms and iron rods, barged into the cabin, snatched the cash collected, and thrashed the four attendants present,” he said.
When the guards noticed the ruckus, they opened fire, after which the five retaliated, and managed to escape.
However, no one was injured in the firing, a police officer said.
“The four injured attendants were taken to a hospital,” he added.
Shukla alleged that the men belonged to an influential community, and the police were not acting against them due to local pressure.
A 22-year-old, newly married attendant at a toll plaza in Gurgaon was shot dead just after Thursday midnight by a man who refused to pay a fee of Rs.27.
- 10 killed in Gurgaon road accident (Lead) - Nov 16, 2011
- Operator charges toll at two Gurgoan plazas - Sep 05, 2012
- Toll plaza attendant shot dead in Gurgaon - Sep 23, 2011
- Two killed, seven injured in Agra truck crash - May 11, 2012
- Himachal-Haryana bypass opens for motorists - Apr 06, 2012
- 34 killed, 10 injured in road accident in Uttar Pradesh - Dec 26, 2010
- Pilgrim killed in Gurgaon - Jul 17, 2012
- 34 killed in Uttar Pradesh accident (Lead) - Dec 26, 2010
- Two toll employees on Gurgaon Expressway held for extortion - Sep 21, 2012
- Gurgaon toll plaza attendant's killers held, pistol untraced - Sep 26, 2011
- One killed in road accident - Dec 09, 2011
- SC declines to interfere with expressway's toll order - Sep 12, 2012
- Six of family killed in accident - Oct 13, 2011
- Four killed in Punjab road accident - Sep 17, 2010
- One dead, two injured in Delhi road accident - Jul 21, 2012