Four states plan joint task force against female foeticideFebruary 19th, 2009 - 9:50 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, Feb 19 (IANS) Four states - Himachal Pradesh, Punjab, Haryana and Uttarakhand - have decided to set up a joint task force to check female foeticide, Himachal Pradesh Health Minister Rajeev Bindal said Thursday.
“An understanding has been reached between Himachal Pradesh, Punjab, Haryana and Uttarakhand to start a joint campaign against female foeticide,” Bindal said while replying to a question in the state assembly.
“The task force would be alert in border areas to put an effective check on people going for ultrasound scans to ascertain sex of the foetus,” he added.
The state government has taken steps to implement the Pre-Natal Diagnostics Test Act and has undertaken awareness programmes against the evil, he said.
“The state government has also announced a reward of Rs.10,000 to persons providing information against people indulging in killing of the girl child in the womb,” Bindal said.
He said the ratio of females per 1,000 male had gone up to 903 in the state against 856 in 2001.
- Haryana takes another step to stop female foeticide - May 09, 2012
- Haryana to install chips to monitor ultrasound machines - May 18, 2012
- New advisory board on pre-natal tests to meet Wednesday - Apr 19, 2011
- Azad reconstitutes Central Supervisory Board under PNDT Act - Apr 09, 2011
- This summer, Kashmir to fight murderers of another kind - May 19, 2011
- Prevent misuse of technique in female foeticide: President - Jan 28, 2011
- Haryana needs women empowerment to stop female foeticide - Nov 27, 2010
- Haryana doctor held for sex determination test - Apr 20, 2011
- Himachal to punish internet purchase of sex test kit - Jun 18, 2011
- Rajasthan cracks down on sonography centres - May 10, 2012
- Maharashtra moots murder charge for female foeticide - Jul 10, 2012
- Advisory board on pre-natal tests re-jigged - Apr 09, 2011
- Rajasthan deploys spies to curb sex determination tests - Jan 03, 2012
- Girl's foetus found in Rajasthan town - Apr 20, 2012
- Rajasthan jolted into action on skewed child sex ratio - Apr 11, 2011