Four schoolkids, helper killed as bus overturns in RajasthanJuly 24th, 2012 - 10:38 pm ICT by IANS
Jaipur, July 24 (IANS) Five people, including four school children, were killed and at least two dozen others were seriously injured when their bus overturned in Rajasthan’s Jhalawar district Tuesday, police said.
According to police, the incident took place around 7 a.m in Aklera area of the district, some 350 km from Jaipur.
“At least 30 of the passengers in the private bus were school children from various villages and were on their way to Bhaatla village,” a police officer said.
The bus suddenly lost balance on a slope and overturned, the officer said.
Four school children, identified as Phoolchand, 10, Rajesh Kumar, 9, Rajendra, 12 and Karan Singh, 14 and a helper in the bus Israil, 30, were killed in the accident.
“Over 24 others - most of them school children - sustained injuries. They were rushed to a hospital in Jhalawar where they are undergoing treatment,” said the officer.
- 20 schoolkids injured in Rajasthan accident - Jul 26, 2012
- Three killed, 25 injured in Rajasthan accident - Apr 16, 2012
- Six Rajasthan officials injured trying to stop child marriages - Apr 21, 2012
- 4 killed, 10 injured in Bikaner road accident - Apr 26, 2012
- Four children killed as school bus-train collide - Jul 30, 2012
- 10 students injured as school bus overturns - Aug 24, 2011
- Six killed in Rajasthan accident - Jul 27, 2012
- 11-year-old killed in school bus accident - Mar 14, 2012
- 25 school students injured as bus overturns - Feb 01, 2011
- Three killed, 15 injured in bus mishap near Gurgaon - Jul 10, 2012
- 28 killed as buses collide - Dec 26, 2010
- 15 dead, 30 wounded in Pakistan bus accident - May 26, 2012
- Incessant rains hit life in parts of Rajasthan - Aug 14, 2012
- Five killed, 20 injured in Rajasthan - Apr 13, 2012
- Six killed, 45 wounded in bangladesh in road accidents - Jul 19, 2011