Four school girls abductedMarch 25th, 2011 - 9:37 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 25 (IANS) Four minor school girls were allegedly abducted after they had attended their school in east Delhi, police said Friday.
Shweta, 13, Anjali, 14, Kajal, 13, and Bhavna, 14 are close friends and study in class 8 at the Sarvodaya Kanya Vidyalaya in Mayur Vihar Phase I. They reside in Trilokpuri area of east Delhi.
“After attempting an exam at school Thursday, they did not return home. It cannot be ruled out that they have been kidnapped,” Deputy Commissioner of Police O.P. Mishra said.
A case of abduction under Section 363 of the Indian Penal Code has been lodged.
“They used to commute to school together on a rickshaw,” police said.
“They went to school at around 1 a.m. but when they did not return till 5.30 p.m., we went to the school,” said Rakesh Sood, Bhavna’s father.
“School officials told us that my daughter along with her three friends had already left at 5 p.m.,” said Satish Kumar, Shweta’s father.
During the search, parents found that the girls had visited a restaurant in Pandav Nagar area after school.
“The restaurant staff told the girls’ parents that they had left the restaurant at 6.30 p.m.”
“They then left for New Delhi Railway Station,” said Mishra.
“They must have been kidnapped. They never came home late after school,” alleged Satish Kumar.
In recent times, there has been a spurt in cases of crime against women. According to government data, 65 girls went missing in the first 12 days of 2011. In 2010, there were 1,179 cases of missing girls.
- 'Abducted' Delhi school girls found in Uttarakhand - Mar 26, 2011
- Body of BBA student found in pieces in Delhi - Sep 03, 2012
- Body in pieces: Police question victim's friend - Sep 04, 2012
- Two minors gang raped in the capital - Feb 11, 2012
- Delhi student's murder: Crime branch roped in - May 09, 2011
- Minor gangraped in moving van, one held (Lead) - Jul 05, 2011
- Court questions government, school on girl's eye injury - Mar 23, 2011
- Boy kidnapped for ransom in Ghaziabad - Sep 30, 2011
- School boy crushed to death by train - Dec 18, 2011
- Explain denial of admission to girls, court asks schools - Jul 27, 2010
- Friends quizzed over Delhi student's murder (Lead) - May 07, 2011
- Court directs government to re-admit failed student - Jul 26, 2011
- Kidnapped toddler rescued, maid and accomplices arrested (Second Lead) - Apr 27, 2011
- Delhi student's murder: Cops probe friends - May 16, 2011
- Class 3 tribal girl branded with iron rods in hostel - Jan 12, 2011
Tags: abducted, bhavna, class 8, commissioner of police, delhi police, deputy commissioner, east delhi, government data, indian penal code, kajal, mishra, missing girls, railway station, restaurant staff, rickshaw, school girls, school officials, shweta, spurt, three friends